Why do you HATE to cook?

by GentlyFeral 32 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I love to cook. I like the creativity and the end results. I like chopping and I love the smell of garlic and onions cooking in olive oil. I love the sizzle of a steak on the grill and the thrill of doing a meal well.

• horrible life
    horrible life

beksbks:

a mandolin

a mandolin???????????????????? Please explain. Maybe that is what I have been missing all of these years!!

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

A mandoline is for slicing things thinner, or at least faster, than you could possibly do with a knife – all but the very cheapest ones are adjustable, and you can make slices thin enough to read through, just about.

I love my little non-adjustable two-dollar one for making cucumber vinaigrette: simply slice up some cucumber paper-thin, and mix up your favorite oil-and-vinegar dressing (I like German-style mustard and fresh thyme in mine). Pile it all into some tupperware and leave it in the fridge for people to snack on. It's edible at once, and really flavorful in a couple hours.

gently feral

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

My family says: enough with the hamburger helper! All my cooking skills left me when I got married. She says she thought my cooking sucked really bad when I met her. So what's wrong with fish cakes? 30 years later I cannot find any fish cakes. Hmmm-I guess fish cakes suck.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I love my little non-adjustable two-dollar one for making cucumber vinaigrette: simply slice up some cucumber paper-thin, and mix up your favorite oil-and-vinegar dressing (I like German-style mustard and fresh thyme in mine). Pile it all into some tupperware and leave it in the fridge for people to snack on. It's edible at once, and really flavorful in a couple hours.

Sounds wonderful and I do like the combination; but the combination doesn't like me (burp).

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Wife makes cucumber vinagrette. 3 out of 4 people in this house enjoy it. Wish I could. Mind you I WAS brought up on haggis.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

MsMcDucket,

I do like the combination; but the combination doesn't like me (burp).

it's really good with summer squash, too, if that agrees with you. I've done it both ways. Not sure I'd like zucchini with a sweet dressing like Catalina, though.

gently feral

• JK666
    JK666

I don't hate to cook, I hate to clean up afterwards.

JK

• wings
    wings

Love to cook. Don't mind doing dishes (learned a long time ago it is just a part of what I love).

Cooking is more than a creative outlet, it brings people together, embraces memories, encourages good health.

Just one part of appreciating life. It also draws those who hate to cook. Nothing wrong with that, it give me purpose.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I love to cook!..I`m trained in Classical French Cuisine.........Clean up??.......It`s called a "Dish Washer!"..Throw all the Dirty Dish`s in......And..They come out Clean!!.....A Frigg`n Miracle I tell you!!.........Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit