Why do you HATE to cook?

by GentlyFeral 32 Replies latest jw friends

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Me, I love cooking. Hearing someone say "I hate to cook" is like hearing "I hate being literate," or "I hate being able to walk." I just don't get it.

But there must be reasons - enlighten me, OK?

gently feral

• serendipity
    serendipity

I have to be in the mood to cook. The downside of cooking is all the cutting involved and then the timing to add ingredients or stir, etc. Somedays, it's stressful.

• horrible life
    horrible life

It is food, for gods sake. I can throw a TV dinner in the microwave, go to McDonalds, and get a $1.00 double cheeseburger, or to the Taco place, and get a .99cent buritto.

If the family wants to have a sit down, then its Hamburger Helper for everyone!!! For about 6 months, we ate frozen microwaved entrees, eg, meatloaf, salisbury steak, enchilladas. Throw that in the microwave, fix instant potatoes, and a can of vegetables, and dinner was ready in 10 minutes. I loved that!!! Til I couldn't look at those entrees again. The smell would nauseate me.

So, unless my husband cooks, or I can throw it in the crockpot, I am happy with a 99c buritto, child is happy with chicken from somewhere, and husband loves his lunchmeat sandwiches.

I hate to stand over a stove, stir, sweat, and not enjoy it.

• zeroday
    zeroday

I LOVE TO COOK I have a blow your pants off CHILI recipe I came up with...I just don't always have the time to cook all the things I want to...

• ladylove
    ladylove

I don't like to cook because I had a critic for a parent, nothing was right and everything worth beating me for.

20 years later I am still afraid of screwing dinner up.

I have a great husband who is patient. Days that we are not busy, we open a bottle of wine and cook together, then somehow all my fear goes and we have fun.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I don't enjoy cooking any more because it's kind of pointless. I live alone. I've been on a diet for a year and a half and the diet is important to me. I used to cook a lot, but the charm wears off over the years and it isn't fun any more.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I just rather not. I can cook; but it so much work and cleaning.

• megaflower
    megaflower

There is too much emphasis put on food. This is esp true in the witness org. There is always an occasion for food, can you make something for the visiting speaker(bookstudy hospilitality), ffed the c.o., feed the d.o., feed the pioneers for pioneer school, food when there is hall maintaince. It is no wonder the majority of JW are fat.

I prefer to eat samll meals throughout the day. A piece of fruit is a meal, some cheese is a meal. It does not have to be a big cooked meal. Ther eis more to life than cooking and cleaning the kitchen. My husband feels the same way. We spend our free time playing, not in the kitchen slaving away. We are fit and trim!!!!!!!!! Iam a size 6 and proud of it.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I enjoy cooking. I have to do it every day. I hate the clean up... got to do that too.

• liquidsky
    liquidsky
    I LOVE TO COOK I have a blow your pants off CHILI recipe I came up with...

That's my kind of chili!

I love to cook as well. A while back, some of the members of JWD made a JWD Cookbook. I think's about time for another one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit