Do you believe that the majority of JW's will be saved?

by JH 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Do you believe that the majority of JW's will be saved?

To the exent that their action is due to good intention and ignorance I think the answer is "yes". I myself pray that God will show them mercy at the Judgement.

Burn

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Salvation is by grace (according to the Bible) and not works. Ephesians 2:8 and 9 makes that plain, and the witlesses are blatantly disregarding that scripture after telling us that they go by the whole Bible. Then they force their ideas on the public, initiating force, threat of force, and fraud to get people into the organization.

I highly doubt that any of the leaders of the witless religion, save Raymond Franz, have even a prayer of being saved. Many of the hounder-hounder-hounders and above are hardened, if not most of them, to the point that they are beyond salvation. They are in it for the power, and will not give that up for anything. Many to most hounder-hounders also fit that description, since they too are upbound and will not do anything to upset that.

At the local level, it is up to whether the person is trying to do the right thing or is in it for the power. Those who are in it for the power will initiate force, threat of force, and/or fraud on their own to get or keep people in line, and will not be saved (few will change). Those that think they are doing the right thing or that are trapped in against their will stand the best chance for being "saved". As are the majority of those that walk out on them.

• heyfea
    heyfea

All I know is this: According to Mathew 25:31-46 it looks like those who are saved have doubts of having lived a Godly life. On the other hand, those who will be destroyed, are pretty confident about survival, only to be shocked at the end. It is up to each of us how we live. We cannot use the excuse they told me so.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Salvation is by grace

+1 on salvation by grace WTWizard.

Grace enables faith, as well as works. Grace is the work of God, not men.

Burn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit