Do you believe that the majority of JW's will be saved?

by JH 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JH
    JH
    If there is a God, it certainly isn't responsible for the literature in the bible

2 Tim 3:16

16 All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

• Caljuher
    Caljuher

In my opinion--and it's just that, a personal opinion--I think it's pointless to ask such a thing. If there is a God who intends to justly "save" people, isn't it up to that God to decide who gets saved or not? Some religions and people enjoy the superiority that comes with thinking they know the answer to this (like JWs), but in the end no one can speak for God on this issue...even if I have been hurt by people in the Watchtower who I feel did some very evil things to me (and they have), it still isn't for me to decide.

Again, just a personal opinion.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open
    If there is a God, it certainly isn't responsible for the literature in the bible

2 Tim 3:16

16 All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

Eyes Open: All scripture is written by humans and may or may not be beneficial for any number of things. :)

I'm just very saddened that people are worried about some divine being causing mass destruction having once believed the same thing and since come to understand that Daniel told the Jews under the Greeks they would be saved and that Revelation was foretelling the destruction of the Roman empire by God.

Armageddon didn't happen then when it was supposed to, and it ain't gonna happen now or in the future. We have to sort our problems out ourselves... problems like people believing in fallacies of which certain types of interpretations lead to high control groups.

But in answer to your question, I don't think they would be saved. They perform works in Jesus' name, but he would call them workers of lawlessness. I don't know about their children, though...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'm a universalist: I believe everyone is will be "saved."

• JH
    JH
    I believe everyone is will be "saved."

But each their own planet...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I believe everyone is will be "saved."
    But each their own planet...

I think really screwed up, very evil people will have to go through rehab, therapy and do community service. Own planet? Good idea for some, but not in a Mormon way.

• oompa
    oompa

Well, according to an e-mail my Elder/Dad and braniac sent me. And I swear this is true! "Son the thought has occurred to me that Jehovahs Witnesses are really in a win/win situation. That is because if we are correct in our understanding of the Bible understanding, we will have everlasting life someday, wheras those in Christendom and Babylon the Great will have death. However, even if we are way off base in our understanding of things, we will STILL get everlasting life because none of our core beliefs, such as belief in Jesus as our personal saviour are so contrary to Christendoms belief that we would be worthy of Hellfire."

I could hardly believe it. Anybody ever heard such a thing? Talk about trying to have all your bases covered....................................oompa

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Bad deal when your dad can preach to you in an email....

Hope4

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

The JW concept of Armageddon is totally different than most other religions. I don't believe the JW version.

With that being said, I hope that most will be saved, but my gut feeling says no.

• FairMind
    FairMind

From a doctrinal standpoint they have just as much a chance as do the churchgoers. The churches are full of false teachings, just as much so as the WTBTS. God reads hearts and know who puts faith in the ransom sacrifice of Jesus for forgiveness of sins. I don't think God expects us to have a perfect understanding of the Bible and I don't believe anyone does.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit