I have a gift! What's yours?

by Crumpet 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Bayou Teche

Used to swim and fish in Teche. I recall the millions of shrimp that used to tickle my legs. I lived in the neighborhood behind that McDonalds off SE Blvd on the arm of Delmar Ave that ended at Teche St. We didn't have Mcs or Burger King even in MC at the time. We didn't have nice modern movie theaters and they hauled in a skating rink a couple times a year on a semi. Those were the days, of shrimp and hamburger poboys at Ovey's and Simeneaux's Stop and Shop for nickel candy bars, ten cent cokes and 12 cent comic books. Oh yes and 25 cent movies at the Opera House or C-wall theater and I don't want to forget Mardi Gras and the annual Shrimp and Petroleum Festival.

I've lived in Houston and Andrews, TX.

I have a gift for moving around. 13 states and at least 22 cities, towns and villages.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

alt <..........How about that for your new avatar?

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

A quick note: around these parts a "big dyke" is a large woman who looks like a man and is very fond of other women.

My gift is that I can pick up something that is broken, be it a watch or especially electronics, and it will start working again.

This has annoyed some people who would tell me something was broken and show it to me. I would take it and it would work fine so I would tell them there was nothing wrong with it. Sometimes I would cover for myself by fiddling with it and tell them something like "It is working fine, I think you need to push this button just so first."

I have come to accept this gift, realizing it is a balance for those people who merely touch something and it becomes wrecked.

• faundy
    faundy

I need to lose some weight and I'm certainly fond of other women, but I don't look like a man.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

"I have a gift, a talent for getting myself locked into or out of places. Ever since I was small I have managed to get myself locked in most host's lavatories and unable to quite mistress the ability to unlock the door."

This would explain why it took you 15 minutes to figure out how to get out of my car at the restaurant when you were here last. ;-) I thought that was a one-time thing - like you were unfamiliar with door locking mechanisms on vehicles or something. I didn't know it was your gift! (Sorry I didn't come looking for you. It just honestly didn't occur to me that you were locked in my car - LOL)

My gift - I can solve any puzzle on Wheel of Fortune with only one or two letters showing. I'd audition but Pat Sajak gives me the creeps. I feel like he's disappointed with himself and it makes me very sad.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Pat Sajak gives me the creeps.

Only you could put into words what Ive always felt LOL

Thanks!!

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

My gift? Other than being able to whip up the tastiest bowl of Lucky Charms on the planet, I have managed to attract every guy in the DC area who is not interested in ANYTHING but casual sex. I need to get out of here.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    I need to lose some weight and I'm certainly fond of other women, but I don't look like a man

I need verification on that Faundy - you should exchange pics with me. LOL!

Kurtbethel - you crack me up - I don't know if you meant to, but you certainly did. FlyingHighNow - I see you've been working southern belle charm on Ipsec in my absence! Nice trip down ole memory lane then you tie it in with "I have a gift" - I know your cunning ploys lady. Sweetface - try telling every guy that you meet and are interested in that YOU are ONLY interested in casual sex and see what happens, that you don't want to be tied down to one man. LOL! You'll get called and asked out again and again. Guys can't get their head round that for the most part. Hemp Lover - Yeah well - you know door handles hard to find in the dark and stuff. Now do you understand why I am forever asking you to check I've locked the front door properly when I come in. Me and keys/locks don't mix!
  • Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

My gift,

(*) (*)

Nice boobies. lol

Thats all I can think of right now.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Oh ya one more gift I only just remembered. Im a prodigy at examining things in pairs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit