Burning Bridges here- got my baby back!!!

by burningbridges 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

Congratulations! Get the judge a copy of Kerry Louderback-Wood's article from the Journal Of Church And State, entitled, "Jehovah's Witnesses, Blood Transfusions, And The Tort Of Misrepresentation." Let him know that you are concerned both for your daughter's physical and mental well-being. A judge's orders are never written in stone, esp. in regard to a child's welfare. Ditto Nathan Natas.

I'm very happy for you. Being separated from a very young child is very traumatic I'm sure. Be happy!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

So take her to a fun church. I loved going to the Episcopal church as a child and my grandsons love it. Not guilt or fear and good music. And they generally go out of their way to be patient and kind to loud, running children and don't get upset if the kids disrupt. They usually have toys and crayons, etc. for the part of the service the children come in for, which is communion. Heck, get her baptized and she can take full communion and so can you if you're baptized. Counteract his unhealthy KH with some healthier church.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Congratulations on having your little girl back!

All the posts were good ones but I especially like Nathan Natas' and FlyingHighNow's suggestions. If I was in the same situation, and knowing what I know about the WTS---I would take their comments to heart.

hugs,

Annie

• serendipity
    serendipity

Great news!

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

Hi, to answer what I told the judge, I told him that I was origianally motivated by guilt for leaving my husband and had arranged the schedule around him to sooth my concience, but my concience would no longer allow me to neglect the reality that that was not for my daughters benefit. Guess he was so annoyed we took so long arguing he didn't care.

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

thanks to all the great advice!!! I am DEF going to keep track of every little detail!!!! Your all so great and supportive, thank you!!!

• carla
    carla

Conrats on getting her back with you! Have fun! !

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

First of all, Burning Bridges . . . congratulations on getting your child back. That is a wonderful victory!

Bobbi wrote:

LMAO poor dad does he have any idea of how hard it is to take kids to the meetings?

Could prove interesting!

Burning Bridges wrote:

judge . . . was so annoyed we took so long arguing he didn't care.

Judge might want to keep his personal feelings out of the case. One thought I had, perhaps next time you will have a different judge—one who cares about the child’s best interests. One step at a time will get you to your destination, my dear.

Keep us posted!

Btw . . . welcome to the forum! *hugs*

ESTEE

• memario
    memario

That's great news. My question is whats a "cut the pickle game"?

mem

• free2think
    free2think

Congratualtions on getting her back. Im so happy for you both.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit