Burning Bridges here- got my baby back!!!

by burningbridges 28 Replies latest jw friends

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

Yea!!! I have my sweet little daughter back in my arms. I've had her for two days actually, i was just too busy playing "cut the pickle tickle tickle" to write on here! The only thing that sucks is we got fifty fifty placement for the temporary placement until the divorce goes through. I had originally, out of guilt for leaving him, said I didnt care if he took her to meetings because she was too little to know anything and we made a fifty fiffty schedule with him having her for the meetings. So, the judge asked me why i was being difficult and now saying he cant when two weeks ago i said it was fine. We argued and argued in the halls (our lawyers did) for three and a half hours over the schedule (at $200 an hour mind you) until the judge just said stop, were going with what you two originally had. SOOOO of course he is gloating right now, totally thrilled that "Jehovah" had his back and got him his baby for all the meetings. Jerk. Oh well, it won't last, this is just temporary!!!

• Tara
    Tara

Congratulations on getting your baby back! I am sure you are ecstatic.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Congratulations. I'm curious, what did you tell the judge when he asked why the change?

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

YAY! How wonderful! My daughter and I play the "cut the pickle" game...LOL

• mouthy
    mouthy

Happy for you

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

I wonder about the judge and your interaction. I wonder if you can put together a case for the harm of raising you child in a cult and present it when it comes time for the real thing.

Focusing on the blood issue / make a note of how the organ transplant was handled in the past
    Focusing on the isolation the WT encourages
    Focusing on the blatant pressure placed on members to believe 'right or wrong' as part of worship.

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

LMAO poor dad does he have any idea of how hard it is to take kids to the meetings? Here is your chance to teach her to scream every time a kingdom melody plays.

OK that was a mean thought but I am having a Cranky Bobbi day.

Grats on getting your little back.

Bobbi

• Gayle
    Gayle

Happy you got your baby back! When I quit JWdom & quit going to meetings,,my inactive JW husband then starting taking all five of our children to the meetings for a time, they were all miserable. Thankfully, none of the children were baptized and thankfully all went to college instead, 4 completed & 1 has still another year to go. You have so much more positives for your child, like unconditional love,,something that little JW kids never get,,fun organized team sports, etc. more and and better education exposure and just getting to be a kid, which passes too quickly.

• JK666
    JK666

If you are a fun mom, the meetings will seem like hell in comparison. They will bolt from the meetings as soon as they would be old enough. Heck, families with both parents in the Borg can't keep there kids in the religion. Don't worry too much.

And congratulations!

JK

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

All of us here who are former witnesses know about how the "back rooms" were used to "discipline" sqirmy children. I don't want to induce any paranoia in you, but whenever your husband brings your child back after a meeting, check her for signs of physical discipline. If your husband is dumb enough to spank a squirmy child, he may find "jehovah" abandoning him. Discuss this with your lawyer, and be mentally prepared to do what is in your child's best interests -- if she has been spanked or otherwise subjected to physical disipline, get her examined by a doctor IMMEDIATELY so that you have impartial verification of the evidence. Take pictures.

I hope your child (and you) never has to deal with this, but you know how wacky some people get when they feel they have to demonstrate to the brothers and sisters that they are STRICT with their small children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit