Skeeter

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I'm sorry. Hugs.

In the words of Disney's Mulan, "Your first duty is to your own heart."

Skeeter

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Your life sounds like mine. Mine started in 52. I'm still dealing with the same anger and frustration.

• anewme
    anewme

Cindi, it is never too late to make changes in your life towards a happier life.
    I too wasted a lot of time (35 years) in the kingdum hall. I gave up a concert music career
    and having children.

When I got out of the society in 2001 I was a lost soul for awhile. But one step led to another towards freedom and now at 54 I have a new family in a new town, new husband, new job, and I am enrolled at our community college to pursue a new career in the medical field where I will double my income.

Mine is not a dream life by any means, but it is some kind of life-------better than the banishment and death the jws wish for me!

Welcome to the forum,

Anewme

• loosie
    loosie

you're preaching to the choir sister.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Cindi thank you for starting this thread ! This topic is always on my mind too .

I grew up a Jw with all the same influences everyone else spoke about. I am now 46 and out of the religion , BUT I still don't know what I want to be when I grow Up !

I was a staight A student in High School and teachers all encouraged me to go to college .But I was told the end is so close it would be a waste. This history of never wanting more or something better has caused me to be unable to really know What I would go back to school for now .

I never had dreams to be anything other than a mom and I did get to have that fulfilled . However now the kids are grown .....

I really don't know where to start now......any suggestions ????

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

anewme:

Good for you. I too have become, somehow, very interested in the medical field. I am not interested in becoming a professional like a lawyer, doctor, etc., but I would like to be study something that I would really enjoy and that will give me the financial stability we want. I admire those that after so many years go back to school and finish and really enjoy what they do.

I am happy for all of you who have done it. KUDOS to you.

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

Cindi thank you for starting this thread ! This topic is always on my mind too .

I grew up a Jw with all the same influences everyone else spoke about. I am now 46 and out of the religion , BUT I still don't know what I want to be when I grow Up !

I was a staight A student in High School and teachers all encouraged me to go to college .But I was told the end is so close it would be a waste. This history of never wanting more or something better has caused me to be unable to really know What I would go back to school for now .

I never had dreams to be anything other than a mom and I did get to have that fulfilled . However now the kids are grown .....

I really don't know where to start now......any suggestions ????

troublemind:

Is there anything that you really enjoy doing or reading about? I like watching and reading about health and medicine. All these tv programs, like ER, Grey's Anatomy or the Discovery Health Channel. So somehow I have developed a liking for the medicine field, whatever it is. I love travel and love the beauty industry too. You might discover your vocation or your career talents by analyzing what you always go for. Now that your kids are all grown up, if your finances permit, would you go back to school and at least get a 2 year course on whatever it is you feel you'll be good at? It doesn't have to be a long term career, but something you will enjoy and will make you financially stable.

In my case I have an 18 year old that will soon leave the crate, but still have 2 little ones that need me at home at night, and a big one that cannot stand being away from me when I come home from work. (HUSBAND) I feel it will be too stressful for me to do both, go to work full time and go to school at night, and stress is something I don't need now.

But think about it and come back and tell us what you like.

• prophecor
    prophecor

You've a right to your frustrations, Cind-67. I've been waiting for Jehovah to pull the plug on this whole universe since the early 70's. I've waited and watched people give thier entire lives to this organisation. College was viewed as preposterous. Every other religion was viewed as a sham and a farce, and what's worse, of the devil. I've watched organised religion go into the toilet, and just as the Jehovah's Witnesses had promised; that they were well on thier way out, suddenly a huge expansion of Christianity makes it's appearance on the Western Face of Civilisation, as I sit from my Armchair General's post. "It'll never last. Jehovah's People have had this one in the bag for ages" "There's just no way in Hell they get this one wrong" and lo and be M&F'n hold, they got it wrong, AGAIN!!!

We've been cultured and catered by a bunch of old codgly men in really bad suits in OZ who have been sowing the seeds of destruction as we, the R&F have been given our marching orders to follow this Organisation into the gates of Hell, if that's what's required. Without doubt, without reason, without question. You are one of the millions of expendables and most of you probably never had a snowballs chance in Hell, anyway. I have a desire to do the will of GOD, even now. But I know, never to place my faith in the voice of any man, or any organisation that man, or woman, for that matter, may claim to represent. God said I never really needed the lot of them, anyway. My closed casket prayers will suffice just fine, as will the forgiveness that comes from His Grace and mercy.

I don't speak these words against Jehovah, but as for those who claim to be his representatives. I will from this day forward, watch with extreme caution and careful consideration, the thing that they espouse from thier mouth. Whether that be truth, or the same old 3 Card Monty, that continues to be played on the world, down to this day!

Yeah,......... I'm a bit pissed off, now that you mention it!

• llbh
    llbh

Hi Cindi

I was like you but started college at 35 and graduated age 40. The increase in my self esteem was well worth it. i now feel equal

regards

David

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit