my dissfelowshipped hub not happy about our child visiting grandma

by looloo 37 Replies latest jw friends

• looloo
    looloo

i think she does want a relationship with her grandchild but dosnt come to visit her , i think that must be because she is told not to visit by the elders , which is quite likely as i have a rep for being anti witness and my hub is disfellowshipped

• carla
    carla

You have yet to say what a possible upside to this would be. She pops in and out of kids life, tells the kid you are evil and both husband & yourself will die and are worthy of death. What am I missing? Other than having nary a original thought in her head and belonging to a dangerous and deadly cult she's a great gal that deserves to help influence your beautiful innocent child? Oh yeah, that you have finally got her to visit child she loves so dearly. She sounds like a great grandma already, hasn't even seen the child??!!!! Do you not see how insane this sounds? You have to force her to see this child? Do you not like your child? Why do you want to inflict this upon a child especially your own?

• looloo
    looloo

ok i see your point , i will stay with her then and try and turn a conversation into child abuse cover ups in the local cong , i think i have already sown some seeds

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

LooLoo: you must do some research of Theocratic Warfare. Learn why it is important for the Witnesses to lie to create a convert.These drones believe it's a key to their salvation.

The sad part is that if people were simply allowed out with NO STRINGS, I think people here and elsewhere would not have such a problem with them.

Disfellowshipping and shunning is sinful-at least the way they do it. It destroys families.

I believe that most faiths do not practice this crap. The ones that do are Islamists and Mennonites and Mormons and more. Does that not make you want to give all of this a second thought?

By the way. Please look at page 13 of this months Watchtower (which was kindly offered to me at home yesterday ).

On that page it completely misquotes the verse of John 3:16. If the Witnesses want to get it right, they have to admit that the way to the Kingdom is through Jesus, not through a dozen old farts connected to a real estate org (if you believe in the story at all)

You have the final choice, but please believe what we say. You won't regret it.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

please please for the sake of your child and future happiness, follow the previously given recomendations. If you have never been a witness, you are really walking into a nasty trap.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is not good for your child to learn that it is acceptable to shun your own children. If you let your grandmother have access to the grandchild when the father is not there you in effect condone her behaviour. I personally feel it is better to say that because grandmother is in a cult she does not want to visit "us" - you, your husband and your child - than to let her have access when the father is not there.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

I would say NO, the grandma would mess up the children minds. She would tell the children, You and your husband are evil.

If the kids see that dad can be pushed around and treated so badly by his own mother, what does this teach them to be a doormat?

You need to learn more about JWs. Before you do anything.

• avishai
    avishai

Anyone who won't associate with me won't associate with my kids. Period. It's harmful to the child.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Witnesses don't form relationships, they take hostages. Keep em away!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

jwfacts wrote: I personally feel it is better to say that because grandmother is in a cult she does not want to visit "us" - you, your husband and your child - than to let her have access when the father is not there.

I agree except I don't think I'd use the word 'cult' with the child. I would say "Jehovah's Witnesses" at this point. JW's really only associate with other JW's and don't have time for people who are not. Isn't that sad? I feel bad for them.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit