my dissfelowshipped hub not happy about our child visiting grandma

by looloo 37 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JW Grandparents usually have no problem pushing their cult on the Grandchildren..And..It won`t end until they are dead.....It will cause no end of problems in your family......................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I would agree with Gary, except I would add another zero to his range. 1000 miles seems more appropriate. Children are prey for Witnesses-they are programmed to repeat their doctrine even after being told to refrain. If the Witnesses think it's ok to shun, then the rest of the world should shun them .

I am 100 percent serious about this-shun the bastards! They hurt and kill and rape.

Damn I need a break today. Time for a walk and lunch. See you all later.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I understand why he feels the way he does. If she is successful in converting your daughter, then she will be taught to shun her df'd father when she gets older.

• Bryan
    Bryan

You are only creating a relationship which will be destroyed when the child gets older and does not want to belong to the Grandmother's cult.

Then the child will suffer a relationship loss simular to a loss in death. The child will wonder what he did wrong, why he isn't good enough, why does GM hate me, etc. All because GM has turned her back on the child just as she has turned her back on her own son!

If it is your husband's mother, why you don't you consider his feelings and concerns? He knows his mother better than you.

Best,

Bryan

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

JW grandparents will believe it is their duty to "save" their grandkids. Even if they don't think they are being harmful to the child, they are. In many little ways they will confuse your child.

Help your husband and stand with him in his fight against JW's. He needs your support more than your child needs a grandparent who will reject him/her at some point in the future.

My 8 year old still doesn't not understand why his grandparents are "mad" at him. The pain he feels breaks my heart, please do not expose your little one to that pain.

Stacey

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

DO NOT let your children around JW grandparents unsupervised. No matter what ground rules you set - they will break them. Spiritual warfare.

Kids are smart, and they will notice how the grandparents treat you. You can't let them think this is acceptable.

And do you really want your kids to grow up, get baptized, and shun you forever?

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    you're not a JW so you maybe aren't aware but that grandmother will make it her business to convert that kid come hell or high water and she'll do it by filling the kid's head with very disturbing images of mommy and daddy being killed by god at armageddon

I agree, I was a dub and got out around '04. I still wanted my parents to be a part of the grandkids life but found out it was a bigger problem in the long run. My dub mom tried to tell the same thing as ones on here has said about scaring my son (daughter was too young) into thinking and fearing the Big A. Of course, this upsets my son and he didn't want to go back, thank goodness.

I had a talk with my mom about 2 years or so of not talking to my kids about their religion. Her statement was "I have to speak what's on my mind and besides this is my house". So be it, I told my mom that dad and her are always welcome to come to my house to see the children but talk of religion wouldn't be allowed...guess what, she hasn't even tried to see the grandkids for over 2 years now. The only reason she wanted to "see" her grandkids at her house was to try to convert them to being Dubs.

If you do decide to take your child over...make sure you're around your child at all times. Believe me, the moment you're away is when she will start talking to your child about her religion and try to scare them into joining her religion.

• looloo
    looloo

oh dear, now what do i do ? mum in law does not actually shun her son , she does not visit him but chats when she bumps into him (unless she on "the work") and he is welcome in her house and given a drink !!!! and she knows im anti witness but still talks to me so maybe she aint "strong in da truuuth" we would prob be good mates if it wernt for the cult , my mates kid gets screwwed up by his dub grandma telling him mums gonna get it come army ged day !!!! but hes 13 my kids only 4 so she would not understand , it was my other child that was abused by the ex min servant .

• Maddie
    Maddie

It would be better to let her know that you dont want her trying to indoctrinate her grand child, or you cant allow her have contact. Its not being cruel, just protection from an evil cult fter all.

Maddie

• Bryan
    Bryan

I suppose I'm not getting the full picture, You husband's mother does not shun him, but she wants no relationship with her grandchild?

I still say keep the child way from her.

Bryan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit