Do the Governing body know they are being dishonest?

by strawberry cake 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• freydi
    freydi

They are men who love organization more than God. As such, 2Cor4:3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel."

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

They are mentally ingrained with delusional power that they have obtained through the structuring of the organization,

and how many men do you think who work at Bethel or who are now doing low life laboring work wouldn't like to sit on the throne

with the rest of the GB members , the thought of power and privilege is very enticing.

This is an multi million dollar corporation remember with 7 million members , you can tell how big it is be the big Watchtower sign thats on top of one of their

buildings in Brooklyn, thats a whole lot of acknowledged power to be had for a weak insignificant uneducated male.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

The may be trapped as we were and know if they make a stand they will have to move out of there homes, stop traveling, cook for themselves buy there own food clothing etc etc. and

and, to to work for Ray Franz

• glenster
    glenster

It's a con job. Wondering if it isn't is like wondering if Popoff pretending
    to be sincere means he really believed he was getting messages from Jesus
    through his radio transmitter. What I have so far is at the next link (the
    various "Complaints about the JWs leaders' use of reference material" segments
    alone should make it clear).
    http://www.freewebs.com/glenster1/gtjbrooklynindex.htm

(Sorry p,1a is taking to long to load up--I'm going to break it into two
    pages.)

• pseattle2
    pseattle2

My personal hunch is that a typical GB member, in the process of ascending the ranks, fully believes it's the truth.

I keep thinking back to a passage in CofC where Franz is discussing how the WTS has to respond to a certain challenge from an outside force (sorry, can't remember exactly what it was), and one of his contemporaries expresses a reluctance to deal with it. Franz said something to the effect of "Why not -- if we really possess the truth, we can just blow them away!"

That's when I thought at some point, the higher up a member of the GB goes on, he's mentally confronted with the light switch. From there he has to assess his motives -- whether to stay in the organization and toe the line for his own security, or let the real truth wash over him.

Cognitive dissonance is a very disabling thing, and I suspect 95% of the GB can't even fathom the possibility that they're wrong. The remaining 5% who've figured it out have just decided it's not worth the risk to reform. Screwing with their cell structure would -- in their minds -- destroy the entire foundation. Not to mention cost them a lot of money.

That's why it will take an event that catastrophically paints the WTS as an unquestionable evil in the eyes of the media and the world to bring it down. It hasn't happened yet. But it's closer than it was.

--P

• freetosee
    freetosee

• the NWT is dishonest
    • they are dishonest about their own history
    • they cover over inconsistencies and flip-flops in their teachings and blame the membership for having wrong expectations and motives
    • they know the r&f are suffering because of their inhuman policies (No blood, two-witness-rule)
    • they love to expose babylon, but are quick to silence those questioning the wt by d'fing
    • they use theocratic warfare and not the simple truth

I think the majority of GB members are or were dishonest, few might be or have been genuine.

• Maddie
    Maddie

I think the answer to this is YES

Maddie

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

They're not being dishonest. They're using Theocratic War Strategy to spread their "truth" all over the world...

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

A person does not get to the GB until they have submitted to many decades of the very mind control that they continue to impose on others. For this reason I think they are convinced they are doing the correct thing. When Ray Franz was appointed to the GB he was convinced it was the truth, and it was only over time that he came to the conclusion that it was not.

Do the GB continue to think they are being honest once they get to the top and have a more complete picture of how things work. I get the feeling that they are all aware of the inadequacies, but continue to justify their actions that "there is nowhere better", and it is the closest organization to the Truth. Most do not want to admit to themselves that it could all be wrong as they have more to loose than anyone, so the cognitive dissonance for a GB member must be far stronger than for the average JW.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I think people can get to be elders and still be believers. I've seen a few good, well intentioned guys become elders and eventually burn out because they quickly become the "go to" guys for everyone with a problem. I have a hard time believing someone could "progress" beyond that point and still believe it's "God's organization". I was never even a MS and I eventually saw through it, and that's without knowing even a fraction of the crap that goes on behind the scenes.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit