Do the Governing body know they are being dishonest?

by strawberry cake 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• monophonic
    monophonic

you bring up such an interesting topic b/c it's really hard to fathom either way.

as COC says, governing body members never have time to study or read the bible, so giving them a hustle mentality, like they try to give publishers, helps them not think on larger issues.

i believe there are some who know it's a crock, but it takes a perons of extremely decent character to admit they've been doing something wrong for 50+ years, not only as a leader, but even as a person.

an example of this is my whole family were union workers, manual laborerers, truck drivers, etc. i was a huge threat to them b/c i pursued my art and would just die if i didn't make it my career.

they were alcoholic know-it-alls, well my grandparents, and had running commentary on how i woudl never make it and needed to just get a full time mind numbing job, which i'd rather pursue my interests 14 hours a day out of a van than havea job w/ a secure apartment, cars, etc....even though i have those things now and can pay my own bills and wanted absolutely no money from them.

i believe they were just fearful that they had made the wrong choices in their lives...all they had to show for it was a watch for 40 years of service in the union or whatever....to look at me was making them look at themselves and it scared them too much to realize my happiness was more important to me than repeating their mistakes just so they could feel better about themselves.

i can't imagine being 25 years bought into a belief system, much less 40-50 years....the percentage rate even among non-jws has to be low.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Looking at the large trail of literature can provide an answer to this.

The literature is artfully contrived, with manipulative language, weasel words and constructs, lawyerly disclaimer type of language, and boastful self promotion.

There is rarely any hint of a humble seeker after truth to be found in a WT publication. The literature is the smoking gun here, and has fingerprints all over it that say perpetrator.

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

kurtbethel...quote..There is rarely any hint of a humble seeker after truth to be found in a WT publication. The literature is the smoking gun here, and has fingerprints all over it that say perpetrator I have this gut feeling that what you say may be true. If only the brothers would rise up and demand answers! xxx Strawberry Cake

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

SC, I am on the outside looking in.

I have never been burned by them, I have no association with any competing corporation, and I have no axe to grind.

People who go play kingdom hall and are happy with the arrangement are of no interest to me. I do feel a lot of compassion for people who are ensnared by it and suffer guilt and anguish as a result of what they are taught.

Anguish, suffering and death appears to be one of the fruits of the corporation.

• uninformed
    uninformed

A person does not get to the GB until they have submitted to many decades of the very mind control that they continue to impose on others. For this reason I think they are convinced they are doing the correct thing. When Ray Franz was appointed to the GB he was convinced it was the truth, and it was only over time that he came to the conclusion that it was not.

Do the GB continue to think they are being honest once they get to the top and have a more complete picture of how things work. I get the feeling that they are all aware of the inadequacies, but continue to justify their actions that "there is nowhere better", and it is the closest organization to the Truth. Most do not want to admit to themselves that it could all be wrong as they have more to loose than anyone, so the cognitive dissonance for a GB member must be far stronger than for the average JW

JW Facts, I think that in spite of my anger and irritation, I will have to give some credibility to this opinion, much as I hate to.

Brant

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit