Did You Experience Shunning By " Cliques" in Witness Congregations ?

by flipper 27 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

AMBER ROSE - Amber , very interesting experience ! I can't tell you how many times I saw people misrepresent others to make them look bad in the congregation ; while twisting the facts to make themselves look better to others ! I'm sorry this happened to you and Drew . But like you said - it did open your eyes to the real" truth " about the gang mentality that can happen in people trying to ruin innocent people's reputations. Once this young guy started talking negatively about you and Drew, all it took was gullible people to believe everything the guy said, just because of him being an elder, most probably ! This witness cult truly is sick ! Hope you guys are doing better now, give hubby my best ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• cognac
    cognac
    It was always strange how the most stuck up elder's daughter or son was the one sleeping around with everyone !

That doesn't surprise me at all... Elders and there wives typically have so much to do that the kids get ignored... They get desparate for somebody to show that they love them... Also, so much pressure is put on these kids to maintain the "perfect image" that they just snap...

As far as the stuck up part goes, well, because they have to maintain that "perfect image" they are put on pedastools and are expected to not want anything to do with "the troublemakers and spiritually weak" because "bad associations spoil useful habits" and they would never want to be any part of that or give anyone the idea that they approve of that behavior... It would be easy for any of us to fall in the trap of being "stuck up" given those circumstances and hopefully they grow out of that phase and learn from it...

It is really difficult for some of them and I feel sorry that they have to go through what they do...

• flipper
    flipper

COGNAC- Good comments by you ! Myself being raised as an elders son- I totally understand what you are saying here. My dad being an elder for 53 years was always taking care of the congregations problems - and had very little time to discuss or pay attention to my problems. Also he always reminded me my hair was a little too long and all the other teenage boys would imitate me if I wore long hair. Talk about pressure ? I know you know what I'm talking about as you too had a similar background ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• cognac
    cognac
    COGNAC- Good comments by you ! Myself being raised as an elders son- I totally understand what you are saying here. My dad being an elder for 53 years was always taking care of the congregations problems - and had very little time to discuss or pay attention to my problems.

Thanks flipper! The constant pressure is unbearable... I used to say that I always felt like I was trying to hold up a mountain and if I moved even and inch it would crumble over me... I think everyone assumed it was normal teenage feelings...

• Maddie
    Maddie

I wasn't brought up a JW but when I became one I realised after a while that there was a great deal of this going on. I know one elder and his wife who were particularly discriminating in who was allowed in their circle. In fact I knew two elders wives who made it blatantly obvious that certain ones were not considered "good"enough to associate with them. As I was in a divided household at the time I felt there was some kind of stigma attached to it which is a terrible way to be made to feel. Talk about being judgemental! It was worse there than I ever experienced from so-called "worldly"people who are supposedly doomed to destruction. Sorry but it really makes me angry thinking about it

Maddie

• flipper
    flipper

COGNAC- You don't have to hold up the mountain alone sis anymore ! We will be your friends to help. We could be your bridge and tunnel - so to speak getting out of the witness cult.

MADDIE- It was truly amazing to see how elders wives and other self righteous ones hold it against someone to have a " worldly " mate ! You are right - in most ways people in the world are much more decent to others than witnesses are ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

I think that being made aware of the existence of cliques was the beginning of the end for me.
    Prior to that, I still had the idea that - warts and all - this was still "The Truth."

And yes ----- I did experience shunning by those that imagined they were superior creatures!

Jack.

• flipper
    flipper

REEFTON JACK - I know what you mean. When I saw the preferential treatment of some in the kingdom hall and how some brown nosed others just to be in the " cliques " it too made me feel there was nothing different about the Jehovah's Witness organization than any other business organization out in the " world ". So, I got out too. I too experienced what you said

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit