Thoughts on Rush Limbaugh

by dawg 97 Replies latest jw friends

• dawg
    dawg

While watching the network's coverage on the election, I kept noticing how the announcers kept talking about what impact the Rush Limbaugh show might have on the Republican vote... They felt his show might sway the votes away from McCain...

Now, all you conservatives out there, isn't it one of the biggest embarassments you can ever have, to know that Rush Limbaugh can have an effect on how your party votes? If I knew that people thinking like Rush Limbaugh were voting for my candidate, that would automatically make me vote the other way.

I mean honestly, how can you not be embarrased that your party holds a man such as Rush Limbaugh in high esteem? Yet, then again, you guys also like GW Bush, Reagan, and have heros like G Grodon Liddy, and Nixon... and even that criminal Oliver North.. who subverted the constitution and yet remained a Republican icon.

I think both parties have become a sham, too much money influences this nation to ever make a serious change' until we focus onthis problem we're all sunk... but Republicans, please look at yourselves... these villians are who you like the most... Rush freaking Limbaugh? Are you kidding me? He influences who your electoriates vote for? Good freaking God!

Why don't you guys ever mention real Repubkican icons, men that honestly lived up to the consitution? Men like Dwight Eisenhower, or Teddy Roosevelt? I hardly ever you guys mention their names... of course we hear Lincoln, a great president, but why no mention of Ford? He was a great president...

Yet Rush Limbaugh influenses your voters, that's enough said in my book, that's one of the reasons, though far from a Democrat, I'll never vote for the Republican party.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Now, all you conservatives out there, isn't it one of the biggest embarassments you can ever have, to know that Rush Limbaugh can have an effect on how your party votes? If I knew that people thinking like Rush Limbaugh were voting for my candidate, that would automatically make me vote the other way.

I mean honestly, how can you not be embarrased that your party holds a man such as Rush Limbaugh in high esteem?

Hi Dawg.

I would like to know what is so bad about Rush Limbaugh that his influence and opinion are a cause of shame? This is a serious question and not sarcasm. I seldom listen to him, he is on the radio during my work hours. I am aware that he had some issues with prescription medication, but that is all.

Burn

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Rush is buffoonery personified.

and Nixon

Nixon was actually fairly liberal in policy. I'd take Nixon over the buffoons the rebubs are offering up today.

Take Rush seriously? I used to watch him when I was still snowed. The TV show he had each night trashing Bill Clinton. I began to sicken of his bellowing and I began to smell a rat and I said to myself, "Self, that fata$$, loud mouthed man doth protesteth too much."

I detest the man. Is he a man? I think he might be a water buffalo. But wait, I think I just highly insulted the humble WB.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Hypocrite.

• dawg
    dawg

True all that flying...

Ships, if you don't listen then you can't know, so let's just say, he's not in the least bit freaking objective, his show is one straw man after another, he's uneducated yet talks about things he knows nothing about, he thinks he smart yet he's as dumb as my dog scruffy...he appeals to those in the Republican party that are just like him, African American hating, non educated fools... all parties have folks like that who vote, but his listeners quote him verbatum-they actually think what he says is all true.

After all this nonsense, he rarely has someone in the know challenge him, so dissent by an educated professional in the field is non-existant, and last but not least, he call all this misinformation the "Rush Limbaugh of advanced conservative studies" so the morons that quote him think he knows what he's talking about. Think they're getitng an education from this baffoon. Its very embarrassing to all that vote Republican my mind.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Isn't that big bag of wind an oxycotin addict? Hmmmm.

• dawg
    dawg

Yea, he went off, and I mean went off about people like me that like their magic brownies...we should be in jail and the like, then he was convicted of using Oxy... he used it so much he went deaf.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

The only time I liked Rush Limbaugh was back in the early 1970's when he was an oldied disc jockey at a local radio station....WMCK in McKeesport, Pennsylvania.........about 3 miles from my home. He was very popular back then and went by the name of Jeff Christy. See the following link. There are many links if you use the keyword Jeff Christy but I only posted this one.

http://pssht.com/biography/rush_limbaugh.html

He is making millions $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ more these days and I can't stomach to listen to his diatribe even though I'm mostly conservative.

Rush has no meaning or place in my life. He is like vomit after a binge.

HappyDad

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

In Fahrenheit 451 everywhere a person goes, he is constantly bombarded with chattering voices that is meant to keep a person from concentrating on his own thoughts. That is what I think is the role of Rush Limbaugh and others.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I used to listen to Rush. The veins in my neck would regularly feel as though they wanted to burst, so I had to stop. If you actually research what Rush and Bill O' are purporting, it's 75% horseshit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit