I voted in an election for the first time in my life!

by First Time Voter 29 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Edit.

Well that was stupid.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Congrats!

And great call on voting for Obama.

When it comes to Hillary, you just don't get her...you get that finger wagging 'I did not have sexually relations with that woman' lying idiot...I can't see how people are voting for 'them' (hillary & Bill).

You know what you can do with your finger Bill?.....Ahh you probably already know!

• dawg
    dawg

I just wanted to say, many of those who are attacking your vote for Barrack, probably voted for GW Bush after years of voting... that means that after many years they still vote for fools, and you voted for a good candidate right from the start...Way to go....!!!!!

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

not cool burn...

• proplog2
    proplog2

welcome to the world of futility

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

I voted for the first time in 2004... while the event itself was anticlimactic, it was also very liberating. Congrats on your first time voting! :)

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Vote for someone who can understand the difference between debt and surplus. Seems that it's a concept that few comprehend. Republicans seem to have missed that boat this century.

• beksbks
    beksbks

HS,

US: Its SUPER TUESDAY! SUPER TUESDAY!!! Yaahhhhhooooo. Yaaaaaa!! Yaayayayay!

Doooood!! Heck ya that's how it like, is here man! We are are getting sooooooo like, close to getting rid of that pack of criminals!

• Smoky
    Smoky

congrats!!!

I voted for the first time last year at our local elections, and it was great i felt like was doing something.

This year i took off early from work, because i did not want to be late to vote. can you beleive that i never took of early for a jw meeting.

crazy huh?

smoky

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Good for you. I've been voting since 83. And my choice has never won. So I say to myself the people are getting what they want. Bushwacked. times 3.

In the past I voted for Ron Paul and Ross Perot.

Out of the cannidates that have a chance, I would probably vote for Obama. But he's got to win the primary. I voted for Ron Paul in the primary. My second choice would have been Kucinch. But the masses want to maintain the status quo.

I admire that Obama was initially against invading Iraq. That tells me that out of all the contenders he is the only one with a thinking process that I relate to even remotely.

I used to get upset about the road the politicians take this country down. But I really think people are getting what they want. The only thing is there basing there decisions on 30 second sound bites. Between adds for coke and taco bell while there watching Fox.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit