I voted in an election for the first time in my life!

by First Time Voter 29 Replies latest jw friends

• First Time Voter
    First Time Voter

I post under a different name on this forum, but there are some people that read this site that know who I am in person, so I am posting under a different alias so as not to get myself in hot water.

Anyway, for the first time in over 20 years of eligibility, I voted in today's primary. In a Church! Blocks from my house!

And I didn't get struck by lightning! I didn't get my hand tattooed with the Mark of the Beast! It was very anticlimactic, almost like getting your drivers license renewed.

There were two questions, one was for a change to the city charter regarding Mayoral elections, and of course, one was for the Presidential Primary.

And I voted for Barak Obama.

I figured that this year, if I am going to buck the Organization, (even if just in secret), I would do it for an historical election. So, in my first election, I voted for a Black man that has a serious shot at being President.

Anybody else ever do this, or contemplate doing this, while still in?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Congratulations!

"You've just taken your first step into a larger world."

• beksbks
    beksbks

I never did, I was just too young and had no knowledge or interest in the world outside of "us". But I have been voting now for over 20 years, and I'll tell you, I make an event out of it. When the kids were little, we always took them with us, and talked about it, sometimes even had a more special formal dinner. I come out of the booth with my little "I have voted, have you?" sticker waving! I'm hoping to work at a precinct in Nov.

Congratulations by the way, you are officially part of this world. Hehe and it's a good thing!

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

It's about time!!

• beksbks
    beksbks

Oh look Burn, we think alike

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Don't worry you'll get better at it, the more you do it

• uninformed
    uninformed

Don't worry you'll get better at it, the more you do it

AMEN--

But congratulations.

Brant

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I voted in the general election last year for the first time. It felt really good. Since I am a registered independent I cannot vote in the primary. But will vote in the general.

For what it is worth. If it is Obama vs McCain I will vote McCain. If it is Hillary and McCain, I will vote Hillary.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Oh look Burn, we think alike

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. (I am not going to say who is the clock). Burn

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

England : People are voting in primary elections this Tuesday to select delegates, one of whom will eventually become the Presidential candidate for each party.

US: Its SUPER TUESDAY! SUPER TUESDAY!!! Yaahhhhhooooo. Yaaaaaa!! Yaayayayay!

Do I have this right?

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit