One Year on JWD...the Journey of Snakes continues...

by SnakesInTheTower 46 Replies latest members private

• Mincan
    Mincan

Cheers Snakes

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I need to catch up now on the additional comments made..thank you much for your kind words... I am breaking up my replies into 3 posts..one for each page of your replies...if I missed anyone...wow...I gotta go back and check....

sass:

You've probably grown more in the last year than in the previous ten

agreed, but I have a long way to go... how can I do anything but grow outside of the stifling influence of the cult?

OTWO:

prefer face-to-face meeting with ex-JW's and that is going well for me.

yes, me too, and I have gotten to meet alot from the forum... talk on the phone regularly with some or via IM... lunch with one about once a month....

jwdaughter:

I halfway wish I was at a hall just so I could leave it dramatically and tell you all a great story. . .but that seems kind of dishonest to the poor JWs that would be all encouraged if I started

yeah, I don't want to get anyone's hopes up. I also have no desire to go out "with a bang." Fading is more my speed. Though I had high-profile assignments/responsibilities at times while an elder, I preferred to work in the background...which is why I liked being secretary...most of my work was in the comfort of my home office.

BB:

Not sure what I want to study yet though.

Hell, I have one degree and after another...I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up...LOL I still want to come back up to TO again.... maybe a bit longer than a 24 hour trip...

brin:

you're much more relaxed than you were when you first began posting

definitely true that... I still have tendrils of Borg in my thinking (aka "elderish") and it will take time to get it gone..35 years is a lot to dilute....oh...and my kitten "daughter" is just fine...I got her spayed Thursday....so I have had to put the laser pointer away while she heals...not that it has stopped her from tearing around my house like a psycho.....she is curled up behind me in my office chair as I type this...

hortensia:

felt bad when you threatened not to post any more

sorry about that dear....some wish I would go away lol...kinda like some wanted me to be gone as a JW...well..one group got their wish at least...LOL

babayaga:

grateful that your early sign-on was changed from sankes!!! I always thought of Sanka coffee

I was surprised that I was able to get that changed...I got a lot of grief over the sanka reference... (to those scratching their heads...inside joke... I signed up with the screen name SankesInTheTower...instead of Snakes ...a typo...and I was prepared to live with it because I didnt want to create a new account just to fix it. I am just glad some troll didnt try to commandeer it. and yes..you get a medal...

Barbie Doll...thank you dear.... natasha...thanks...AND WELCOME TO THE MADHOUSE JWD

mimi:

my husband and I think you should take up motorcycle riding.

so does my stepfather...he is a former Hell's Angel and still has his Hog.... don't think he rides much these days...

mem... i dont much like getting in a car with 4 doors and protection all around, let alone 2 wheels with nothing but a helmet and leathers between me and a road rash or worse...lol.

you were with both feet and up to your neck "in it".

how true...how very very true....

Velta:

What a kind and loving thing to do for your mother. Sometimes doing a fade is harder than just quitting. By doing this you are not putting her in a position to violate her conscience, which is a big deal.

thank you thank you thank you for recognizing that...I love my mom so very much...at 60+, she is still young at heart and in good health...I think she will live a long life and as long as she is alive, I would rather not be DF/DA.... jumping out would be much easier than the current fade.

ssriotsquad:

It's quiet amazing too when you were within the boys club at one stage

and yet, I never found my attitude was that I was finally "one of the boys"....honestly, my attitude was "who can I help now that I am in position and responsible to do so." Unfortunately, given the constraints of the Organization, I don't think I really helped too many in a real world kind of way.. medal for you since you asked...

monophonic.... I dont know how long I will keep up doing what I do for a living..collections..but where else can I work 25 hours a week and still make close to $50k a year? I suspect I will always go to school for a class or two..just to keep my mind from atrophying....

end of page 1 replies.... wow.... I bolded your screen names (as I usually do, so you dont have to read the whole damn long reply post!)

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

altaltaltaltalt

Wow, well done! And THANKS for my MEDAL!!!!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

watson:

yesterday you were our little "Sankes."

another one in on the inside joke...

david/llbh:

it was worth it for the increase in self esteem and self worth

you would not believe what that has done for my self esteem... I dont ever want to get a big head... my self esteem is really in the toilet...always has been..but getting better...

mrsSmith....yes...it will be worth it..

QL...patience? what the hell is that.LOL..if you hadnt noticed in my style of playing the wolf game....I swear I have ADD... it is all I can do to sit down long enough to post these replies...only because you all cared enough to post on the thread do I do it...I am grateful to those who replied...

dismembered:

quality people such as yourself

that might be a bit of hyperbole, but I will take it as the complement it was intended...see...self esteem... not so much...lol

truthsearcher and snowbird.... thank you both...and Snowbird, I need to make a drive down to 'bama one of these days soon to see my mom..maybe an AL apostafest is in order?

chicken little:

I refuse to be bitter. I also dont intend to hurt others who are still in by trying to influence them........that is their choice if they want to stay there.

if I didn't already welcome you to the board...welcome to the board... and I am not bitter either...some think I left because I was deleted as an elder..furthest thing from the truth (pun intended).... but to tell them the real reason is to invite disaster and unwanted questions... and it is their choice, just as it was ours...

trip:

you did it the way YOU needed to, life now is about YOU not the "Borg"

I always have beat to my own drum..its why I was always in so much damn trouble with the BOE's...lol

isnrblog... I dont thrive on controversy myself..but it seems to follow me like stink on a pig...in and out of the borg...lol

BFD..though I commented a couple times already...no matter what.... peace to you... I only wish you the best on this journey...

aude...thank you..and another one in on the joke...lol

NY44M:

I am very impressed that you completed a succcessful fade from elder to apostate extraordinaire in less than 12 months.

its not quite complete...as long as I am considered "good standing" there will be a card lurking in someones file somewhere....

mincan... cheers back to ya. ... ...

did I miss anyone?....LOL.....

SnakesInTheTower (of the "my goodness that Snakes don't shut UP" Sheep Class)

• flipper
    flipper

SNAKES - May you continue to benefit yourself from this board as you benefit others as well ! Peace to you , Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

flippers...

thank you for your support here.... too bad I dont pick up the phone and call ... its not you, I am not much of a phone person....when you call I enjoy our discussions

peace out to you too...

Snakes ()

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

We need more people that have been through that Value Destroyer Training School. The more of their experiences we see, the more people will realize that there is not one fxxxing reason why anyone should want to join. You get 2 months of intensive training on how to do things their way, and then you get assignments to help another congregation, using the systems that got them in a mess in the first place.

And, I would like to see the trend in assignments. From what I have seen happening in the organization, I could imagine more and more people getting Mission Impossible assignments, possibly (and ever more likely) more than one at a time (the worse condition congregations get into, the more probable someone will get multiples). Quite a change from graduates from the 1980s and 1990s when congregations were more stable, and graduates would be waiting years to get anything. Plus, what pressure they are putting on graduates to complete their assignment(s), and what happens if they try and fail despite their best efforts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit