One Year on JWD...the Journey of Snakes continues...

by SnakesInTheTower 46 Replies latest members private

• watson
    watson

And to think...only yesterday you were our little "Sankes."

• llbh
    llbh

Hi Snakes

Happy JWD birthday

Read your story, many common themes what BB said about different speeds is right, i have noticed that we each have our differing circumstances.

If you possbily can get your degree, do it, i did one - took five years part time, but it was worth it for the increase in self esteem and self worth. Good luck.

Best wishes and regards

David

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Hey Snakes

Thanks for the update. Love your posts. Well done on your journey so far. Keep up the studying it will all be worth the effort.

xxx

Joelle

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

snakes

There are no shortcuts

amen to that.

You also mentioned patience - something I too am seeing the value of.

thanks for updating us with your inspiring story so far.

ql

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Snakes,

Hey nice post! I read the whole thing. You know, It's people like you, that have had the experience with the In's and outs of how that watchtower printing co, disguised as religion religion works. Your posting ( as well as many others) about the times you've had in that cult, and your willingness to post it here, IMO, is what makes JWD the powerhouse discussion board it has become.

It also shows that watchtower is hemorrhaging and is losing quality people such as yourself. I hope you continue to post here, and always give the input that's needed as new ones continue to lurk and/or sign up here in droves, looking for answers.

Dismembered

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher
    And to think...only yesterday you were our little "Sankes."

As yes, I remember Sankes well, was quite fond of him, actually. I'm not sure who this other dude "Snakes" is, though! Happy JWD birthday, Snakes, and I wish you peace in the future.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Snakes, when we sign on here, we all bring something new to the table.

I've enjoyed your posts and admired your determination to do things your way.

Sylvia

• chicken little
    chicken little

Hello Mr Snakes

I am new here but it was exactly one year ago that I started checking out the forum and reading some of the entries. I am not a fader I am a stopper. I just stopped from one day to the next. Still I have had the various feelings and issues to deal with like yourself. I also can see that many on this board have come a long way in their recovery and maybe we still have a long way to go. I wish you all the best with your education, if there are any good things that came out of being a witness, such as speaking abilities, empathy (hard earned) etc. then I hope you can use them and not feel too bitter. I am moving on with my life too, but I refuse to be bitter. I also dont intend to hurt others who are still in by trying to influence them........that is their choice if they want to stay there.

• triplestrength
    triplestrength

Snakes, Good on you, I read your post and you did it the way YOU needed to, life now is about YOU not the "Borg"

As to maturity, "Life is not a race it's a journey" your pace is fine.

Trip

• isnrblog
    isnrblog

I read your whole post. Very interesting.

I had a completely differant exit, it was loud, public and vulgar. I had no problem being outed. In fact, I live in a small town and will see Witnesses often. I particularly like to go to the checkout line of one who works in the grocery store and the the teller window of one who works at a bank. They have to be polite.

I am the resident apostate. I guess I thrive on controversy. Freedom is a good word, as I felt liberated.

You'll do fine. Your story was very interesting. Wish you the best.

Fred www.isnrblog.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit