One Year on JWD...the Journey of Snakes continues...

by SnakesInTheTower 46 Replies latest members private

• BFD
    BFD

FYI, I read all 1600+ words. Doesn't time fly when you're having fun? Hard to believe it's coming up on a year that I've been here, too. I just want to say to you snakes, that I really am not the "indecent", "immoral" person that you may still think I am. In all honesty, I am actually quite compassionate. However, I did re-act unreasonably to unreasonableness.

When the poop hit the fan between us I shared privately with a few posters on this board that I hoped that you would continue posting here and I was more than willing to stay away because I felt you needed this place more than I did. I have been out of the JWs for many years where you are still fresh out. Not that I don't have my own issues to deal with but, I did so for many years without JWD and, with the friends that I made here I have a new support system that I never had before. I come here for the fluff now, mostly. Can you say werewolf?

We all do progress at different rates and I only hope that you continue to heal from the after effects of being invloved with the nasty cult. Good luck to you on your journey.

Congratulations on your year anniversary.

Will

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I have a lot of catching up to do on all of these posts...but I have to respond to one in particular now while it is fresh in mind..

BFD:

I really am not the "indecent", "immoral" person that you may still think I am.

I am sorry if my statements made you think I felt that way about you. Two things that you might think I feel are objectionable that you might be surprised how I feel.

(1) Smoking weed. I think the US government ought to legalize, regulate, and tax it like tobacco. Too many people are being busted for silly crimes when there are bigger fish to fry. I say, whether it is pot, cigarrettes, or alcohol..as long as it doesn't interfere with your ability to be a productive part of human society and not endanger others, smoke or drink all you want. Just don't get behind the wheel of a car afterwards. (My objection was not you smoking weed, it was you and Mincan wanting to smoke weed in my non-smoking room. LOL I didn't want to pay a $200 cleaning fee on top of an already outrageous hotel room price....that and I needed to kick everyone out so I could get a few hours sleep before my 15 hour drive home.)

(2). Homosexuality/gay lifestyle/choice/whatever. What a person does in their life is their business. That lifestyle/choice, whatever one wants to call it (please dont bust me out on semantics), is your life not mine. I don't pretend to understand what attracts one to the same sex. If it works for you, more power to you. I don't judge the why and how, just don't throw it in my face. I judge a person on: are they honest or are they deceitful?

I have no axe to grind with you and am glad you are on this board. You bring a different perspective than I do and that is fine. You can relate to others situations that I cannot. I can relate to some situations that you cannot. Thank goodness we have the freedom to express ourselves without reprecussions from the Borg.

I will get back to the rest of the comments tonight or tomorrow..I have a ton of homework to get finished. Thank you all (well almost all ) for your kind words.

Snakes ()

PS...I may stay out of the werewolf game for awhile...

• BFD
    BFD
    I am sorry if my statements made you think I felt that way about you.

Indecent and immoral were your words verbatim not mine, snakes.

I have no idea what you're talking about with regard to weed and I'm not even sure why you would bring that up. I was trying to extend an olive branch with regard to the "elderish" PMs you've sent to me but, I guess I've been misinterpreted. Nevermind.

BFD

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

BFD..

If it was something I said in a PM, then I have long since forgotten it and I wouldn't bring that up here and now anyway. I wasn't sure what you were talking about, so I was guessing those 2 issues. And I have already admitted to my "elderish" opinions of the past...and I would like to leave it there. When you returned here, I figure it was done and over. I wasn't trying to resurrect old issues, just acknowledged to you and everyone that I have changed my thinking to a more moderate view than I previously held. I was hoping that was a good thing.

Maybe I have a piss poor way of doing so, but I was accepting your olive branch....not trying to be an a$$ toward you.

While we may never be friends, because our backgrounds are just so different, I certainly don't want to be your enemy or adversary.

Respectfully,

Snakes ()

• dawg
    dawg

I've decided you're all a bunch of fornicators and adulterers.... I must disfellowship you all....

Nah! I think we all sould stick around a while... I've enjoyed you sankes....I really don't take it too persoanl anymore that folks disagree... WTF, I lived witha lay for 5 years that didn't agree with anythng I said... Good to have you on board.

• dawg
    dawg

I mean a lady, not a lay

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

dawg:

I mean a lady, not a lay

LMAO...Dawg ...are you sure that wasn't a Freudian slip on your part.... j/k Snakes ()

• dawg
    dawg

Lord, it may have been snakes... I really loved that gal, but hey... you know? Its been good to hear you here on the forum... even though we have disagreed at times, what the hell? WHo cares? I like reading your opinions... and almost everyone's elses.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Happy Anniversary!!

I always enjoy your posts. Thanks for all your own contributions to this board.

btw - I think you omitted the morphing of Sankes to Snakes... No small feat in itself~~!

-Aude.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Snake,

It took me a while to get the courage to read you 1600 words. But well worth it. I am very impressed that you completed a succcessful fade from elder to apostate extraordinaire in less than 12 months.

It took me 10+ years and I seemed to do everything wrong. At least we both ended at the same place. The beginning of the rest of our lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit