What are you drinking right now?

by stillajwexelder 142 Replies latest social family

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Orange spice tea - not the best, but better than some alternatives...can't stand Gatorade...

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Corona with a slice of lime - that is one of my favourite drinks, but its only one to be hard after a particularly long journey, or a very hard day's work. I've done neither yet so I'll move onto Pure Sicilian Blood Red Orange Juice.

ehh... we're lazy, Crumpet. We only eat fresh coconut when we're in Hawaii and my husband's family have a special tool for opening them. I use canned coconut milk for smoothies and such. I'm typically repulsed by canned foods but for some reason I can stand coconut milk and tomato sauce.

For some reason I was reading too fast and misread that as "my husband's tool" and my jaw dropped as I tried to imagine what kind of appendage that might involve! LOL!

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    Crown Royal with Diet 7up. You get a quicker hit with diet.

Just a thought.. about 25 years ago I realised that I was cognizant of things like that. I also became aware that I was planning to drink later in the day.

Alcholism runs in my family. I put 2+2 together... and really looked at how I thought of booze. I went a year or so without drinking to see were I stood.

Not a judgement here... just an observation.

~Hill

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Roger Strong 2006 Chardonnay. I don't like it, but it's doing what it needs to do.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Well it looks like I'm the only scotch drinker around... a bit of Laphroaig 10 in a snifter caps off a long week nicely.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Vivamus--I can just tell we'd have fun together!

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith
    Well it looks like I'm the only scotch drinker around... a bit of Laphroaig 10 in a snifter caps off a long week nicely.

I'm a scotch drinker as well. I also share your taste in the Islay Malts. The peatier the better as far as I'm concerned.

Ardbeg 10 yr is a nice, smoky Islay. A bit smokier, I think than Laphroaig or Lagavulin.

If you like peat, and if you can find it, try Port Charlotte. Laphroaig & Lagavulin average out to about 55-60 PPM (Parts Per Million) of peat, whereas Port Charlotte comes out in the high 80s.

Slainte!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Thanks for the tip Low-Key!, never tried port Charlotte.... Looks like it is a bit hard to find... new Bruichladdich 3yr

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Generic 0-calorie vitamin water. For you alcohol appreciators, have one on me (or have mine) - while I can't drink it, someone should enjoy it!

If you are a whiskey drinker - do you like Irish whiskey? My dad likes it a lot, it seems different to me than scotch, for example...

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

My dad likes it a lot, it seems different to me than scotch, for example...>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>REPLY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>That's because it's not scotch. I think most common irish whiskeys are actually blends, although there are irish single malts. Also, irish whiskeys arn't made with peat... that may be one of the biggest taste differences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit