How many x jdubs want to write a book?

by Alex Delta 42 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes I will write a book but it will not be about JWs

• rekless
    rekless

I finished by book entitled The Dream Pushers: Captivated by a System of Deceit, and queried it to a Brooklyn base literature agent this past week, and she told me to send it to her, because she is interested in the project.

If you would like to read an excerpt go to the below address.

http://thedreampushers.blogspot.com/

• anewme
    anewme

Ive thought about writing a book about my life "Fall From The Tower"

But then EVERYONE WOULD THINK I AM A TOTAL IDIOT FOR NOT LEAVING THAT STUPID CULT!!!

I can just hear Oprah interviewing me on television....

"So tell me, why didnt you just walk away from it? Why did you stay in the cult for so many years?"
    "If it were me and someone told me all the good people on the earth were gonna die because they were not witnesses, I would have slammed the door on such a horrible statement! Im sure the audience agrees, dont you audience?"

(Loud Applause)

(Me, stunned, realizing writing this book was a total mistake and I look like a total fool)

No, I thought about writing a book about my life as a JW fool, but have thought better about it.

I will leave it to the others who experienced real abuse and cruelty. I just experienced terminal boredom.

Anewme

• seven006
    seven006

Nobody with the desire, skills, time and a healthy knowledge of how to use a spell checker and a dictionary that wants to write anything should not laugh at their or anyone else’s desire to write a book or two. It’s great that people here even think about doing it. Some people here have an interesting story and a lot to say.

I started to write and illustrate a kids book a few years back just to gear myself up for getting back to doing a real one for big people. It started to get a little too dark for the minds of the little booger eaters so it went back to the back burner.

Some of the illustrations I did for it can be seen on my website in the “3D illustration section”. http://www.maloneillustration.com/
    (if a mod sees this Please feel free to make the link clickable)

It’s about a caricature named Bob the Bunnyduck (half bunny rabbit half duck). The title of the book is “When the Poof goes Boo.” When it got to the point where I got frustrated finalizing the story line (it was starting to get a little too dark) I did a final illustration where Bob the Bunnyduck was holding some of the poos hostage with a Russian made AK47(It is not meant for the kids book. It was kind of an expression for my frustration at the time).

After I did that, I shelved the kiddy book to finish at another time and went back to working on a book that I started many years ago for big people. It’s title is The Naked Wolf (the battle for your heart, mind, soul and money…especially your money). I have always wanted to write something that would raise the pubic hairs in the ears of the many minority religion’s legal departments.

I think I might post a chapter or two here on JWD someday, providing this place isn’t over run with other peoples book chapters. I might even finish this one (it’s going along a lot better since my Bunnyduck break).

Dave

• lawrence
    lawrence

seven006- Keep on writing - I wrote a book, years ago entitled, 'Jehovah's Genius Prophets', and then another one about technology companies (a novel) - 'New Acronyms'. There are new plays, and books to come, there are 12 poetry collections completed; and the subject introducer/scoffer laughs at our creativity/desires/concern - Bumba clot, some of us have to write! As Jeremiah had to preach - scoff you little scoffer! And rest your laurels on your big mouth... fight club night will take care of your ego.

• hopie
    hopie

I ALWAYS WANTED TO WRITE MY STORY, AND I DID !!!!!!!!!!

"Going Undercover To Rescue My Daughter, From The Cult Of Jehovah's Witnesses"

http://www.silentlambs.org/NancySage.htm

http://www.amazon.com/Going-Undercover-Rescue-My-Daughter/dp/0941813053

• seven006
    seven006

Lawrence Nancy and Jeff,

Excellent job by all three of you. Most people tend to just put their brains in park when they get home from work. It’s good to see there are some doers and not just thinking of doers in this place.

Books are good. If you don’t read or write at least a little you may end up an idiot and are only capable of becoming a politician when you grow up.

Dave

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am an exjw and want to write a book, but it will be a college text book on operational and internal auditing.

If I only got a nickel every time I heard an x Jdub say I should write a book

Alex, Do you still get a nickel for that?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I'd like to write a book before I die. I have started gatthering notes. I've been playing with it for 30 years. I have the plot I just need to work out the scenes and dialogue.

It has nothing to do with Jehovahs witnesses and would, hopefully appeal to the masses and could have a movie made from it.

• forgetmenot
    forgetmenot

hopie, I read your book! My father some how got a hold of a copy (maybe a conference in Eastern WA last year?!?) . I was busy the day my father met you; busy reading your book. It lended a great epiphany for me. So books are good...we can never have too many. Notes In General: I wanted my family to write a book together. If we communicated better and were more open, I would like to get everybody to write their take on my father's disfellowshipping and my immediate family leaving. I'd even like my grandparents (still JW's) to contribute. But than again, we just don't communicate well...(go figure...) It'd just be interesting to see the contrast between two sides; the sides that tried to tear me apart. It'd be like reading the movie "Jesus Camp" but with some ousted, "that's crazy," people's viewpoints. (We can all tell they are crazy, but can they? No. I'd like to try and convey what that's like and delve into, how do you know you're not just falling for someone's line?) I also think my MOTHER (she's on this forum somewheres) should write books!!! I always thought she'd be a great writer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit