Favorite Paul McCartney & Wings / Paul McCartney Solo Songs and Albums

by flipper 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney
    mull of kintyre

Okay, just watched that...loved it. (Then again, I likes me some bagpipes, and guys in kilts.)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

tijkmo,

no hs you completely miss the point...the reason why mull of kintyre sold so well was not so much because of the song...but because it had bagpipes in it...which means that the bagpipes must be the best musical instrument ever

lol....You are getting as bad as I am these days, you abusive creature.

HS

I was the first to point out the nice bag pipes. And I agree, that's the bestest thing about the song. <........million dollar idea, the bagpipes:

Okay, I've got Mull of Kintyre up on youtube. Nice bagpipes. I can see why this would not take off over here in the US. Maybe I'm Amazed it's not. Biggest seller of the 70's? It would have to be the UK.

• flipper
    flipper

O.K. I'll enter into the fray. I too did not think " Mull of Kintyre " was near Sir Paul's best solo stuff ! I understand the liking of the bagpipes - not so much guys in kilts though - I don't get that ! LOL! But I think Paul did a lot of good material that was never heard on FM radio but just album rock ! So, just my opinion. I respect all you guys ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I love guys in kilts playing bagpipes. Again, I really loved the Ram LP. I thought it was very good.

• deeskis
    deeskis

Hi'y'all

I was seriously into the Beatles in my teens, used to lock myself in my room listening to them, and collected all the back catalogue. Anyway my favourite McCartney post Beatles composition has to be ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Maybe I'm Amazed........outstanding.

BTW, I played Mull of Kintyre so much in the past (well I am Scottish!) that the very thought of it now makes me want to gag ;).....

"Music makes the world go round"

best wishes

Dxx

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    I played Mull of Kintyre so much in the past (well I am Scottish!) that the very thought of it now makes me want to gag ;).....

ha deeskis i know what you mean lol..i played it to death too..it was so simple to play on acoustic...but the bagpipes were not so easy..at one party i was at i got a bunch of guys to play combs and paper..which was ok in a small room..mostly i just whistled that bit.

one year at edinburgh pre convention a party had been arranged at leith town hall and i played it there (after a shocking monty python's this isn't an argument sketch so i was always going to top that) and i had to whistle which didn't work quite so well in a large auditorium. fast forward a bunch of years and i moved into a new pioneering assignment and someone in the hall came and asked me if i was the guy who played mull of kintyre...it was the guy who had organized the party (and was responsible for the awful monty python sketch lol)

recognition...gotta love it.

doesn't beat the time i played bright eyes for a kids party...and they actually thought i was art garfunkle..

good times

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Ah... Mull of Kintyre, I agree, it was the bagpipes which made that song a hit.

But my favourite is "We all stand together" - a sweet, silly song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRy318lhSAk

• flipper
    flipper

TIJMKO- I bet you are a good musician ! Would be great to hear some of your stuff !

SAD EMO- That was a cute u-tube . I had never heard that song. The animation was really cute ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit