Favorite Paul McCartney & Wings / Paul McCartney Solo Songs and Albums

by flipper 67 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I love the LP RAM.

Too Many People is my favorite post McCartney song. I still have the vinyl LP and it sounds absolutely mind blowing on a good turntable. I don't have one right now. http://youtube.com/watch?v=0P_HKQGq730

This is as good and has the impact of a Beatles song like Hey Jude or Revolution.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Without a doubt:

'We're rich enough now, we'll retire, promise'

• flipper
    flipper

CAPTAIN SCHMIDEO- I agree there were some duds on the album " Driving Rain ", like the title track, " Heather " and " Freedom" . But I felt there was strong enough material on the rest of the CD to offset those songs ; like " Back in the Sunshine Again" bluesy, " She's Given Up Talking " which sounded kind of like Eleanor Rigby a little , " Spinning on an Axis" which had good guitar, and " Lonely Road " was a very good rocking song. Just my opinion , but I thought some of these were good . But hey, that's what makes the world go round - we all have our tastes ! Peace, fellow McCartney fan !

TIJMKO- Deliver Your Children - I remember that , good song ! Also Maybe I'm Amazed , another good one !

FLYING HIGH NOW- Too Many People was a great song. Thanks for the u-tube !

SASS MY FRASS- Yeah, McCartney hasn't retired yet ! Still makin' music at almost 67 years old ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• avishai
    avishai

Q: When did Paul Mccartney write silly love songs? A: 1962-2007

• flipper
    flipper

AVASHAI- That's a funny take ! Ha ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

1. Mull of Kintyre

2. Pipes of peace

3. No more lonely nights

Although I think Mcartney was at his best when he was with the Beatles. His & John's combined songwriting/singing talents were truly excellent. Of course let's not forget George & Ringo's contribution.

LFCv

• flipper
    flipper

LFC VIKING- I did really like the song, " No More Lonely Nights ", good song. George and Ringo were good in their own right ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    Q: When did Paul Mccartney write silly love songs? A: 1962-2007

Too true. One of the most overrated musicians in the Hall of Fame imo. A friend recently interviewed McCartney for one of the main guitar magazines.Why they chose him as a representative of the guitar art is a mystery as even as a rythym player he is pretty mediocre, but my friend made the mistake of correcting McCartney on a matter of notation and got the 'Do you know who I am' treatment. Well I know who you are Mac, - Mr. Average. Pout - HS

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Marc Shipper wrote a hilarious parody/spoof of the career of the Beatles, called "Paperback Writer".

In it is an account given by a fictitious musician who was hired by Paul McCartney for Wings. I'm quoting from memory here:

"So, Paul plays me a tune he's thought up. To call it "weak" would be charitable. He asked me to hang a riff on it. I could no more hang a riff on that tune than I could hang an elephant on a clothesline. So, I told him as politely as I could that I thought the tune needed some work."

"Paul kind of chuckled, and said 'So, you think it's Bull$%^ ?" And I thought, "Wow, this guy's all right and down to earth!" So, I said "Well, it's kinda Bull$%^..." And then he got really angry, and started shouting 'Who are YOU to tell ME that my stuff is Bull$%^#!!!! You're fired!!'

I imagine, in reality, that it would be very hard to diplomatically tell someone with a career like Sir Paul's where he is mistaken.

Oh, as a side note, that same book mentions an album that was made by Pete Best and Jimmy Nichol. It was called "The Beatles Told Us to Beat It!" An entire album of only the drum tracks from Beatles songs, it was an avant garde classic at the time, and is now a highly sought after collector's item.

• flipper
    flipper

HS- Thanks for your opinion. Different strokes for different folks.

And to the rest of you thank you for your opinions of one of the most talented musicians ever to perform and write songs. He truly is one of the greatest writers of songs in the last 100 years or so ! Millions of people feel that around the world ! Peace out to all, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit