Bart Simpson donates $10 million to Scientology...

by zeroday 13 Replies latest jw friends

• zeroday
  • brinjen
    brinjen

What is it with all these celebrities that they have to keep pouring their money into that cult?

Haven't they got something more worthwhile to spend it on? Doesn't her pet poodle need a new diamond collar?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Don't have a cow, man.

But really, I was hoping this was a joke.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I already knew it was a sick cult. Now, I see they are siphoning off millions that
    could be donated to worthy causes, but instead are used to make celebrities compete
    with each other to be at the top.

Oprah takes millions and makes a difference, same with Warren Buffet and Bill Gates.
    Even if only a handful of people benefit from some charitable effort, that's one handful
    more than those that benefit from donations to Scientology.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Wow, that's so sad. This is one of the very few times when I wish I didn't know something.

What does Scientology do with their money, I wonder? Watchtower buys real estate and pays to silence pedo-victims, for instance.

Dave

• Satanus
    Satanus

The wt targets malcontents, searchers and the unbalanced and encourages them to be less than they could be. Scientology targets the rich who want to have super powers. It teaches them to dominate and excel. Which org will succeed the best?

S

• Lou_Cypher
    Lou_Cypher

Probably the next donation will be his 'cojones' just like that sect in california... they died but Tom Cruise survived!!!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

It's like Satanus says.

• oompa
    oompa

That it dang it! I am starting my own cult before someone beats me to it............................oompa

I'll have oompaheads everywhere!

• beksbks
    beksbks

Here is a great article on Scientology. Amazing what people can buy into.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/9363363/inside_scientology

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit