Are you a morning person or a night owl and why?

by DJPoetech 15 Replies latest social humour

• DJPoetech
    DJPoetech

I feel I'm a morning person because my thoughts are best in the morning. I am sometimes awaken by inspiration.

I turn into a big lump before bed.

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

Night

I hate mornings, well more specifically I hate getting up in the morning, I love sleep too much, I mean I really enjoy sleeping, well that part of the morning where you drift in between sleep and almost awakedness

Yeah so night for me

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I've always been a night owl, which is very inconvenient. I'm awake until around 2 a.m. - no one else is awake and there's nothing to do. I remember when Ralph's in San Diego opened their first 24-hour grocery store. I used to meet other night owls there in the middle of the night, wandering around reading labels. I don't know why - just born that way, I guess.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

As I get older, I am a night owl. No matter who sleep deprived I am, I can't sleep at night.

Interestingly, the 9 months I spent on Oahu, 5 and 6 hours earlier than EST time zone, I had no problem getting up or going to sleep. The sun also sets earlier there, even in the summer and it rises early. The sunlight is very bright there like my native Gulf of Mexico coast. I felt like a kid again.

• penny2
    penny2

I'd like to be a night owl but I have to get up early for work. The last 2 nights I've got to bed at 1.00am but my body clock still wakes me up at 6.00am.

Just as well it's a Saturday. I have to think in my job.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

I get up in the Morning with my husband, that way we are tired at the same time at night.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Well, before I had kids I was a night owl. Stay up and do whatever I needed then work the afternoon shift. Now the kids are up at 6 am, so I am up at 5:30. So I am a morning person by necessity. I can also get ready to leave in 20 minutes instead of an hour.

momz

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

This is me and PEC, He has a hard time staying awake.

alt

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

As an alcoholic in the military, I was always at my worst in the morning.
    Before that, I could sleep until Noon when I was a teen.

I definitely was a Night Owl. As I get older, it is easier and easier to get
    up and get busy in the morning, but harder and harder to stay up late and
    do stuff.

I can see me morph into a morning person, but I am still sharper later.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm a bit of both. I like to sleep in, but I also tend to do my best work in the morning. At night I won't go to bed until I'm ready to drop. It's as though I'm afraid I'll miss out on something if I go to sleep.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit