How many JW's are having doubts?

by Mickey mouse 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I wonder what percentage of current JW's know it's not the truth but have too much invested to get out? 10%? More?

More importantly, how many of the GB know but have no where else to go?

Anyone care to hazard a guess?

• Arrogant 1
    Arrogant 1

Sooner or later, All of them, i wonder what theyll say if i go into a circuit assembly reeking of marijuana, and after confronting me, i just tell em straight out , there is no jehovah/ Effective or pointless/ stupid yes but dared enuff i would , faces on them looking at me as the 'worst of this evil world' is worth the spectacle , *daydreamin revenge and spite for all those Saturday mornings i couldve stayed home watchin Spider-Man but instead was preaching in the freezing cold(also was 12 at the time)*----i should do it anyway for sake of bein sky-high

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I personaly think that figure of 10% is low and I would say more like 40% or more. You know how many people would rather be anywhere else than a meeting telling them they have to do more, preaching, more study, meetings, special meetings memorial, special talks, bible studies book studies. visiting the spirtual sick and those who are elderly or widowed and kids without dads. I venture most of us would rather watch what was it you said"SpiderMan", me I love movies. Especially pyshcological thrillers and murders, twists and turns and anything rather than be a witness for sure.

Don't get me wrong I do worship God but that is on Wed. and Sun. mornings and I love it and noone pressures you or puts you under a microscope so that some can report to elders what your doing or not doing.

I dare say the doubt factors are high in the organization

Orangefatcat

• Alex Delta
    Alex Delta

I was going to say around 25%, but thinking about it more, the tower does a great job in the recruting process, I mean there all about the sale. You put enough publications out there with lead sales men you will recycle the loss fairly quick. If its one thing they've done for me at all its making me a great sales man. So I'd say your about right to be at the 40% range.

• megaflower
    megaflower

I cannot put a number on it but when you look around at the people in the kingdumb hall they all look miserable. It is adifficult thing to come to trems that the whole thing is wrong and to walk away. There are many who have extended familys and they felt they cannot leave. I think that we each have a level of tolerance and when we cannot take it anymore and we are so miserable then we make our choice. I felt like my whole life was a lie and I had to do something, each day was misery. Today, life is so good. Yes, the sweet taste of freedom.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

40%..Thats too low..Most JW`s will tell you,they know there are problems in the organization.......I`d say 75% know something is wrong..And..Thats just fine with them..............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

What's worse- the ones who know it isn't the truth but trudge along anyway because of investment, or the ones who genuinely think it's the truth but pretend that sitting thru meetings/assemblies/conventions and going door to door makes them genuinely joyous??? I personally have seen too many, young & old, look me in the eye and tell me straight- faced that it truly makes them happy, but in their eyes and half- hearted smile you can see it isn't so...

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

I don't know the answer to your question--any number would be a guess. However, I agree with the folks here that say that many stay because they have too much invested.

That said, I think that if the Society EVER were to loosen or eliminate their "shunning" policy for disfellowshipped or disassociated people, there would be a collective (pun intended) sigh of relief and mass exodus, or, at the very least, a mass fade.

• freedomfighter
    freedomfighter

Yes. Remove the DF and DA policy and see what happens! Emotional blackmail is a very powerful tool used skillfully by this org.

I know of many "brothers" who would get out if it didn't mean losing their friends and family. Instead they stay in and deal with depression and other disorders.

FF

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder how much of it is the talks on missing boasting sessions so people can watch football. These give away that they cannot be too serious. Also, I notice the same 8 people out in field circus most of the time. Generally, if people are serious about it and believe it to be the truth, attrition and truancy is going to be quite low.

Notably, I have heard more talks in the Theocraptic Misery "School(??)" about making sure you show up for your talks. How many times I have seen people skip a talk. It is normal in any given week for at least one talk to be a substitute.

Field circus problems are also notable. I have seen more people straggle in late and then struggle out the door 15 minutes after the prayer. Then, we get out there and there is more time spent walking like turtles, excessive time spent warming up, and people going to the nearest coffee shop or the donut shop frequently. And, rarely do people stay out from 9:00 AM all the way through to 5 PM anymore. Or at least it was that way before the February 2004 Kingdumb MIsery. The Pioneer Or Die threat would be unnecessary if people were serious.

And, if people are not taking the misery seriously, there is a good chance that they are doubting that it is the truth. The constant reminders to repress those doubts suggests that nearly every single one of them has some doubts. As for me, I could see the repressive atmosphere of entertainment and fun being banned long before now--as early as 1988 when they were trying to aggressively force me to do ever more field circus and give up all personal items. That could be an indication that as much as 100% of people have some doubts, but 99% are afraid of doing more than going along with the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit