How many JW's are having doubts?

by Mickey mouse 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Even if the WTS changed their policy on DF and DA, I still wouldn't go back with what I know today you couldn't drag me into a Kingdom Hall.

Orangefatcat

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Touche Outlaw

I agree with you that as much as 75% of the pipsqueaks believe much of watchtower's protocol is dead wrong. But it's okay the end is "just around the corner". Plus who else would we go out to din-din with?

Dismembered

• Mary
    Mary

I know many Witnesses realize that there are many problems with some of the teachings, but they still cling to the idea that the Organization is 'being run by God'. Plus, if you were born and raised in the religion and don't know anything else, it can make leaving a whole lot tougher.

I've spoken with my Dub sister about the blood issue and other things. She's never believed Jesus returned invisibly in 1914, she doesn't agree with shunning, she knows I buy lottery tickets and I've got her to really look at the blood doctrine.

Still, she stays in. When I ask her why, she says it's because "it gives you a good life-style" and she thinks it's pleasing to God. My own personal opinion is that it's because at her age, it's much harder to leave: she and my b-i-l are very popular in the congregations and they have some good friends. If she left, she'd lose all her friends.

This seems to be the mentality of alot who are having doubts: They stay because of their family, because of their close friends and because they don't know anything else.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    I wonder what percentage of current JW's know it's not the truth but have too much invested to get out? 10%? More?

Definatley more! There was a lurker in gabbly the other week. If what this person said is true (and it's a chatroom, so take this with a grain of salt), he's an elder, doesn't go in service, gives talks, doesn't study or really prepare ahead of time, doesn't believe, but stays because of the "position" and "perks" and because he's invested too much time to get where he is.

I tried to get him to tell me what "perks" were involved other than missing out on living your life and giving away all your time to an organization he knows is false. Never did get an answer to that one.

Then you have people like Mary's sis and her husband. It's really more of a social thing. Family, friends, it's a lifestyle more than a belief system. I think this makes up the majority of JW's.

Then you have people like my step mother - doesn't go to meetings, but believes and holds on because of the resurrection hope. That is the one thing keeping her tied to this organization - the chance to be reuinted with my father in the "new system".

I doubt there are very few that really believe everything 100%.

BB

• Alex Delta
    Alex Delta

The recruiting rate is much faster than its rate of loss. The state of loss is about in the 40% range. I’d think most of the Jdubs know something’s up. So yea for those that are just in the know, for sure upper 80’s, but they're like rabbits when it comes to enlistment. When will it slow up or fade is my concern.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit