Public Talks- What do you think about the changes?

by Connaughty 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Connaughty
    Connaughty

Well this may be too soon to ask. What do you think about the reduced time of the Public Talks?

I actually find it pleasant, it makes it a lot easier to tolerate some of the boring speakers. But what about the service. Has it made any difference in the Service arrangements? It hasn't in ours.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Once they knock another, oh, say, thirty minutes off, I think the talks will finally shine like they were meant to...

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

A step in the right direction

• wiegel
    wiegel

I think they will gradually keep making it easier to toe the line just to keep the numbers up. After a while they're either gonna disappear or become just another religion doing all the same stuff as everyone else. Oh, except this church owns a LOT of property.

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

From what I've been reading, the dramas at the district conventions are now only a half hour as well! Things are moving in the right direction lol

Shelli

• moshe
    moshe

Hell, announce the sifting work is D-o-n-e. No more bookstudy, no more theo school- no more service meeting- and the brothers will sing , " praise Jesus, I mean Jehoobah"! Of course they won't do that. More torture- I watched those small kids at 8:00 tonight yawning to go home- they lost all their playtime to go to this bo-oring Rev- bookstudy. It's child abuse.

• fokyc
    fokyc

What changes? They just play the 33 discs at 45

or the 45's at 78

The meeting now lasts longer, it used to be 10 - 12

now it's 10 - 12:05

I must ask my wife to analyze the whole meeting.

fokyc

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Once they knock another, oh, say, thirty minutes off, I think the talks will finally shine like they were meant to...

LOL!!!

• erandir
    erandir

Hmmm...sounds like the average witnoid is reaching his/her bullsh*t saturation point. They are forced to downsize in order to keep it tolerable.

I'm with the notion to downsize it a further 30 minutes, too. Amen, brotha!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I like it much better.

If they just cut the WT study down to 45 minutes, then, on the weekend, the entire meetings would be about an hour and a half total including songs and prayers. That is PLENTY.

Then the next step would be to reduce the weekday meetings to once per week.

This could easily be done by having the Bookstudy once per month on a given night and the other 3 weeks that night would be for the Ministry School and Service Meeting.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit