Why believe god?

by LtCmd.Lore 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    people lie he cannot..people fail you he cannot

He CLAIMS that he cannot lie, or fail. Why do you believe this?

try God and his word...I promise you you will be happy

I already did, and it sucked. Now I've learned to set the bar a little higher: Before I try something outré, I require a good reason first.

Are you saying that trust is not supposed to be earned before given?

• Warlock
    Warlock

Lore,

Why does it bother you that others believe in God?

Warlock

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    Why does it bother you that others believe in God?

That's a very loaded question. To big to go into without getting completely off topic. But for one thing, I dislike what faith does to people minds. They are completely incapable of questioning their religion. It's like a horrible brain disease.

For example, all I did here was ask a question: "Why do you trust god?" It's a pretty straightforward question. But so far, no believer has been capable of thinking about it long enough to give an intelligent response.

Instead, they ask a huge load of completely unrelated questions, like: "Why is bra singular and panties plural?"
    Or insult me: "Your words are just evil and it sounds like something straight from the pit of hell."Or tell me I should just throw logic out the window and ignore these questions : "You should have more love (GOD) in your heart so that these thoughts don't attack you." (While simultaneously insulting me, by implying that I'm not loving.)
    It's a huge list of reasons why they don't need any reasons.

The very concept that I do not automatically have faith in this thing is completely foreign to believers.

So by asking these questions, I hope to cause people to use their brains.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    So by asking these questions, I hope to cause people to use their brains.

So then, if people do not believe in YOUR way of thinking, they are not using their brains?

Warlock

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    So then, if people do not believe in YOUR way of thinking, they are not using their brains?

No, If they cannot confront questions about their beliefs, then they are not using their brains.

Ask me a question about philosophy, evolution, the big bang, abiogenesis, germ theory, carbon dating, whatever, I'll do my best to answer it. Or admit: "I don't know" (And then continue to do research on it.)

I will NOT say: "You just gotta have faith in science." or "I trust science and that's good enough for me." or "That question is evil."

I've met smart theists, like Vinny, who could actually answer questions instead of avoiding them. I disagree with him, but I would never claim that he's not using his brain.
    The problem is, they are few and far between, by the very nature of religious faith, you don't NEED to think about it. You just gotta believe.

Lore

• Warlock
    Warlock
    by the very nature of religious faith, you don't NEED to think about it. You just gotta believe.

Seeing as this is true, why does it bother you?

Warlock

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    by the very nature of religious faith, you don't NEED to think about it. You just gotta believe.

Seeing as this is true, why does it bother you?

It's bad for families.

Bad for science.

Bad for the economy.

Bad for peace.

When people willingly cease thinking, it's just downright bad for everybody.

• real one
    real one

look Lt. we do think..its the people that are under mind control that dont think. do you realize the journey your mind goes on when you truly believe in God...you dont have a clue...what you call foolishness is wisdom to us. you wisdom is foolishness to us. cause see you can talk about the world and all of its proof and knowledge all day long but we serve the God that made it all. He is an awesome God

• real one
    real one

in most cases people trust you until you prove otherwise

• real one
    real one

cool bat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit