Upset my JW wife again......

by freedomfighter 25 Replies latest jw friends

• freedomfighter
  • freedomfighter
    freedomfighter

Whoops! Hit enter.

Yeh. We were out for a coffee and said " If you want to know what i have found out, just ask me. Because i feel like i am shutting you out."

She said " Yes you are."

" I can PROVE to you that this is not THE TRUTH.......but it will upset you. And only when you are ready."

Left it like that, and when we were in the car she started to cry.

Now she has taken my son for his Bible study at an elder's place. She looks at me like i am a stranger - i guess i have changed alot.

I hate upsetting her, but if she asks me, i feel obliged to tell her the truth behind the WTS.

Anyway, a marriage of 12yrs is well and trully on the rocks. Religion is the main ingredient.

FF

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I'm so sorry bro.

I think it's good that you were open about it. You know her better than anybody and know best what to say. My heart breaks for you guys (and girls) in this situation.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

So sorry to hear it, Freedom. We always hope the ones we love will wake up (the ironic trouble is... she is hoping the same thing about you. Horrible, isn't it... I can still remember how it felt on the other side of these ropes... and thank heavens we are now on the FREEDOM side!)

Wishing you all the best...

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

dOh sorry double post

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I remember when I was in the org that many would feel that if one spouse left 'the truth' there was nothing holding that person to the marriage and he/she would almost certainly turn to drugs and other sex partners.

Many from this site have encouraged those leaving to reassure their spouses that they are still very much committed to them and have no intention of leaving or neglecting the marriage and family.

I have not been following your story but feel sad for both you and your wife.

Hopefully you can work thru this and come out stronger.

-Aude.

• brinjen
    brinjen

{{{{{{{freedomfighter}}}}}}}

I feel for you and anyone in your situation.

I wish you all the best.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

it's just sad that you are on different sides of the religious divide. Obviously it matters to her if she is crying about it. I hope it all works out one day - for you and your family.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Sorry to hear of your problems. May I ask if you were both Witnesses before the marraige and where did you meet?

• freedomfighter
    freedomfighter

Thanks guys/girls.

World Traveller,

We were both raised as witnesses, and we met at my best mate's wedding.

She was the one who did the floral arrangements for this wedding. Pinned a Rose on my Jacket.....

We were both very different people back then.

I never thought i would be on the outside looking in - as regards the witnesses.

Now i live in reality, she still lives in "Dub-land"

FF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit