When one JW runs over another!

by Gill 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gill
    Gill

The story was kept hushed up, much as in any 'abuse' case that goes on in the WT world but, JWs don't like anything to make the WT Society look bad.

One JW woman out on 'the misery', reversed into and dragged down the street another JW woman who then broke both arms, ribs, pelvis etc. Infact, she is lucky to still be alive. This horror was not announced at any KH in the country and kept quiet. The run over woman is the wife of a 'prominent' well known elder.

Two weeks later, still no one knew about the incident and the injured party is still in hospital and recovering slowly.

So, why keep it quiet?!

Would such an incident ruin the superstition that going out in the misery in some way protects JWs?!

The ironic thing is that the JW woman who was run over never liked to give lifts to any other JWs,as she thought it would put her or her passenger in a legal quandry should she ever have an accident and the other JW might sue her and go against the WT wishes of JWs not suing eachother.

I don't yet know whether there is any police prosecution pending on this accident, but I wonder if she will take legal action against the JW who reversed over her and nearly killed her?

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

How funny is it that the Google ad states, "Reclaim your brain."

• freedomfighter
    freedomfighter

They should do us all a favour and run over each other.

FF

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I don't yet know whether there is any police prosecution pending on this accident, but I wonder if she will take legal action against the JW who reversed over her and nearly killed her?

Depends upon how many times the JW reversed over her LOL.

Moral question: is it right to board the pavement and run over JWs as they are coming out of the Kingdom Hall?

G

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Another jw myth debunked.........You are not protected by the HS. Ecclesiates said it perfectly;" Time and unforeseen shit happens to us all. "

NMG

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Yes, she will sue. There was information published that covers situations such as this. The way the Society rationalized it is that one JW is not suing the other JW; they are suing the insurance company that represents the tortfeasor JW.

• White Dove
    White Dove

My uncle could have made a killing suing another JW for a wrong committed against him but his parents would not allow it. He was a grown man but his dad was an elder and the mother a typical elderette who could have made his life hell as he lived with them at the time.

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

I worked for a JW contractor who was a PO. They deliberatly disabled the guard on a skill saw by screwing it to the main part of the saw thus keeping it from operating as it should. Me in my twentys just went along with it and literally cut my thumb off. Went through surgery and therapy to put it back on. After I quit working for him because he lied when he hired me, bills started coming to my parents house to be paid. My dad had to go and talk to him about paying them.

The reason I tell you this is because I could have sued him into oblivion or owned his business but, we didn't cause we don't sue each other.

One

• changeling
    changeling

I once had a serious car accident while in FS. My car was totaled. I was at fault. No holy spirit for me and my car group.

changeling

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Sheez, that poor lady.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit