When one JW runs over another!

by Gill 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

JT - is that a new position, because about 10 years ago I know a group of JWs that got together and the couple hosting had new construction going on and one of the idiots managed to fall down a hole and have severe injuries. The injured guy sued (the couple submitted to their home owner's insurance co.) and it caused a huge stir in the congo. The guy suing was pretty much under 24 hour watch and the minute he did something deemed "wrong" they df'd him. Also, there was a local needs talk about not taking your brother to court.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

We had a Field Service death in my old cong, too.

Ditzy woman was driving her car and cut off on-coming car. Killed her Aux Pio passenger.

Terribly sad. I think the driver switched congs shortly after that. It made for very strained relations.

-Aude.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

No, looking_glass. It's not a new concept. I am having difficulties with the formatting...sorry:

*** w73 11/15 p. 704 Questions From Readers ***

There may even be times when Christian brothers conscientiously feel that they could go to court with fellow believers. This might be to obtain compensation from an insurance company. In some countries the law may specify that certain matters have to be handled in a court, such as wills that may have to be probated by courts. But this does not create adverse publicity or bring reproach upon the congregation. In handling such legal matters that would not affect the congregation adversely, Christians can be governed by what they consider to be best under the circumstances.

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

Why would they announce this in all congregations in the country? The one who got run over should contact the police and get legal procedures started. Do other churches announce to the whole country when somebody gets in an accident or someone gets robbed or when anything happens at all? I can see it now, sitting at church and here comes the weekly police blotter announced at church.

• Gill
    Gill

R6laser - This injury, accident etc was not announced at all in any of the local congs and the JW woman's husband is high up in WT hierarchy and at least around this area, things like that, even if NOT announced tend to be discussed and well known.

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

Understood. But why would they have to announce it from the platform? Does that include injuries, lost people, going on vacation, or whatever else they need to announce from the platform. As far as not taking a brother to a court, that is pure baloney, I know plenty who went to court with each other.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Any proof of this? Something in a local paper, on the internet? Something?

• Gill
    Gill

Burgertime - No proof! No newspaper and no internet news!

All I can tell you is that the get well card was brought round for me to write for the lady! I wrote the ward number, hospital address and stuck the stamp on the front and then stuck it in the letter box!

Other than that and me giving you the hospital ward number and hospital phone number of the hospital....I cannot do!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Other than that and me giving you the hospital ward number and hospital phone number of the hospital....I cannot do!

LOL

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Also are you claiming she ran over this women on purpose or on accident? IF it was on accident who cares? Crap like that happens. Just watch almost any viral video on Youtube. Someone is fooling around accidentally hurts their friend. I don't think a JW should be judged on a comical accident.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit