The Beatles - Your Favorite Songs or Albums from Them ?

by flipper 107 Replies latest jw friends

• JK666
    JK666

I love the song Taxman, but I much prefer the way Black Oak Arkansas played it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNj-wu3mE3c

JK

• hubert
    hubert
    HUBERT- Good Day Sunshine ! Nice pick. McCartney played that song on earth ,for the astronauts up in space I believe to wake them up one morning !

That's cool ! I didn't know that. Thanks for that bit of information, Flipper.

Hubert

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Norweigian Wood (but too short really)

Eleanor Rigby

RUBBER SOUL

• flipper
    flipper

JK - That's a crazy -a$$ version of taxman. Pretty hilarious ! Thanks .

HUBERT- Yeah, your welcome. My son took me to a Paul McCartney concert for my birthday in 2005 , and he told everyone that at the concert. Even had video footage on the big screen of the space thing

• flipper
    flipper

STILLA - Yeah, there is something very haunting about Eleanor Rigby to me. It has always deeply inspired me, not only the music, but the words as well ! Rubber Soul was a great album as well ! Liked it a lot ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Rubber Soul, followed by Sargeant Pepper, Magical Mystery Tour, White album.

Fave songs? Many! Act Natually, and these for sure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX7QTGKW4nA&feature=related no reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLjIyaOZgQA&feature=related you can't do that

A day in the life. Golden slumbers/carry that weight--- ok-just about all of them.

There is one song that makes my hair stand up- Hey Jude- way, WAY tooooo long and is the bottom of my list!!!

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

Have you heard of the Fab Faux? If you like the Beatles', these guys are a GREAT cover band (even McCartney thought so, and the Beatles notoriously hated copy-cat bands).

Here is a story about them, with audio clips (click the Listen Now link at the top) on them here: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=18342562

They focus on the Beatles' later work... the stuff they could only do in a recording studio back then, not live, but which can be done live now.

The Fab Faux's members are all full-time musicians and singers who remain active in the music industry. Lee can be seen on late-night TV as part of the David Letterman band, Agnello is an in-demand music producer and sideman, and the other members are noted session men and producers. With guitarists Jimmy Vivino and Jack Petruzzelli, and drummer Richard Pagano, The Fab Faux is a collective that's about attention to detail.

That includes having a real string section with it on "Yesterday." Or a real piccolo trumpet to play the famous solo on "Penny Lane," or even a fire-truck bell in the same tune — especially impressive considering that the band does all of this while in live performance. The Fab Faux's collective talent makes it possible for the band to take apart The Beatles' music, and then put it back together again — a process that Agnello describes as "really nerdy."

"We'll keep researching and alter stuff," Lee says. "It's a never-ending tweakage on this music."

Not everything The Fab Faux does is about faithful re-creation.

"Take, for example, 'Drive My Car,'" Lee says. "It doesn't have an ending; it has a fade, as records often do. Wouldn't it be great to bring to the stage what the song would have sounded like had it continued on into a nice jam? We have such good players in this band that it would be a waste not to let somebody take a solo."

• Robdar
    Robdar

Happiness is a Warm Gun, from the White Album, my favorite.

The Walrus

Everybody's Got Something to Hide (Except for Me & My Monkey)

Helter Skelter

Love Me Do

Why Don't We Do it in the Road?

Let It Be

Within You Without You

Dang, I could go on all day about this. There are just too many to name.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Hey Flipper,

Have you heard the cd "Love?" from Cirque du Soleil?

It is an AWESOME remix of several Beatles songs. I recommend it.

• watson
    watson

Great Lennon Vocals:

Norwegian Wood

Hide Your Love Away

Me and My Monkey

I DIg a Pony

Accross The Universe

Robdar, I like your taste.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest