Are You Having A Tough Time Making Ends Meet?

by minimus 122 Replies latest jw friends

• Priest73
    Priest73
    the nation is gripped in a frenzy as to whether a black man or a white women might end up President.

Which one is Hillary Clinton?

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    the nation is gripped in a frenzy as to whether a black man or a white women might end up President.

My sentiments exactly. sammieswife.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Priest, for those of us who are living at the very edge of chaos, your "humor" is underappreciated.

• Priest73
    Priest73

Sunnygal, the economy is a cyclical beast. You give Bush too much credit for ruining it. Yeah I get it the war doesn't help. But that's not the problem. Me? I blame Canada.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Peter Griffin said on an episode of FG that Canada sucks. I have to clarify that . Central Canada sucks-but only Ottawa.

Sucks our wallets dry that is. Most of my friends that actually have money have lost thousands in mutual funds so far this year.

I however was more conservative in choices. Lucky me, I suppose.

• lola28
    lola28

At some point people have to start taking responsibility for the financial chaos they are in, you can’t always blame the government for not being able to pay your rent on time. It’s time for Americans to stop spending money they don’t have.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Yes, admittedly my wife and I are both students but we both also work full time. I full expect her van to be repo'ed in the next few weeks (or days) and we're behind on the mortgage. Hopefully we'll be able to pay the mortgage current with the tax return (I don't think it will come in time to save her van)

Once you start getting past due the banks hit you with so many fees that you can't catch up. I've got a 300 CC and a 400 CC I missed a pmt and they hit me with a past due (the pmt was $15 per card) this $35 fee (per card) put me over my limits that's ANOTHER $35 fee. Now I'm getting hit with $150 in fees per month per card... If I couldn't afford $15 how in the @#$^ am I to afford $150? and on a $300 balance? That's 50% interest compounded MONTHLY!!! This isn't BUSHS fault! How is capital one and Chase doing this Bush's fault?

Plus living paycheck to paycheck its not long before you mess up and get a shitload of NSF's from the bank! My wife paid out of the wrong account the other day and even though the money was right there in the OTHER account we ended up with about 10 NSF fees ($36 apiece) and not ONE of the charges was over 20! In fact if you take off the two highest charges the rest weren't even over 10!!!!! So they charged us 360 in NSF's over the course of three days for paying a total of maybe 50 in charges. That's more than I make in a week at the hospital! It's about what G brings home a week after tax. How is this Bush's fault?

All we need is for someone to get sick, someone to have an accident, a pipe to blow in the wall (I can fix stuff but materials still cost money) a car to break down, ANYTHING happens and we are screwed. I can't blame the government though it's NOT the government it is ENTIRELY the fault of big business. They have moved job after job after job overseas. We no longer manufacture our own goods. High paying blue collar jobs are now low paying jobs given to extra man or to illegal immigrants. THAT is the problem. Run away fees and greed are killing us. BUSINESS is killing us not the government...

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Lola what do you do when you can't get a good job anymore? When citibank offers you a job with 10+ years management expereicne and they offer you $11? YOU CAN'T LIVE ON $11 AN HOUR!!!!!!

What do YOU suggest in your wisdom? I've got my bills down to about $1500 a month including two cars and a mortgage.

I'm an EMT with firefighter experience and a resume that could literally be 10 pages long. The best job I can get right now paid 9.35 an hour and I make more than ANYONE ELSE IN THAT COMPANY! Genevie got a job making $10 as an OFFICE MANAGER! She was making 50k three years ago then they cut back and her salary went to 46k then they cut again and she made 38 then they cut her position completly. Now there are hundreds of people with that company in the state of florida facing the same damn thing!!!!

We don't spend a lot we don't have boats and planes and millions in CC debt but WHAT DO YOU DO?!

• Priest73
    Priest73

Oh that is so wrong. Did Capital One force you to get a credit card?
    Was the van new or used? It's not business greed,it's consumer ignorance (did you read the terms on your cards?), and poor personal finance skills.
    This is not an attack, it's endemic of America as a whole.
    We gotta have the biggest houses, newest cars and shiniest gadgets.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    All we need is for someone to get sick, someone to have an accident, a pipe to blow in the wall (I can fix stuff but materials still cost money) a car to break down, ANYTHING happens and we are screwed. I can't blame the government though it's NOT the government it is ENTIRELY the fault of big business. They have moved job after job after job overseas. We no longer manufacture our own goods. High paying blue collar jobs are now low paying jobs given to extra man or to illegal immigrants. THAT is the problem. Run away fees and greed are killing us. BUSINESS is killing us not the government...

i feel you, mkr.............i'm in the same situation.........so, was it poor planning on our part? was it involvement in the WT cult.............what is/was it? in the end, i know we all will be okay, but, it gets so scary/overwhelming sometimes............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit