Would JW's would crash planes into buildings if the Society said to?

by isnrblog 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isnrblog
    isnrblog

I asked the three elders who disfelowshipped me this question.

Basically,they replied, "the Society would never tell them to do that". Thats not my question. IF they told you to, would you?

Never got an answer. What do you guys think?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

No because the witness would have to get an education to learn how to fly.

The society would risk losing that drone because the brother/sister would now have a marketable skill and no longer need the organization.

• DT
    DT

I think they would have to first take their mind control in a different direction, but I think it would be entirely possible to get some of their members to take extreme action like this.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Some would, most wouldn't if we're talking literally. Dubs are passive and fairly lazy; it's hard enough to get them to go out in service or prepare for meetings. What makes dubdom work is all you really have to do is give over your thinking ability. The actual "work" required is optional, at least in practice if not in theory. Dubs are big on creature comforts, despite the legend spun by the leadership.

In a figurative sense, though, they already require such devotion. The parents who won't speak to their own children - or even grandchildren - because "mother" tells them not to is a prime example of someone who readily adopts destructive behavior on command. You can think of many other kinds of JW behaviors that fall into this category.

• kwr
    kwr

Oh don't be ridiculous. JW's can't fly airplanes. ;-)

• minimus
    minimus

I'm with the airplane comments. I think that since JWs can't take time to learn such mundane activities, your question is pointless.

• moshe
    moshe

The WT leaders just slowly boil the JW's in a pot, they never ask them to do anything drastic. I don't think any JW would do that, - they would expect the elders and special pioneers to take the lead first in a suicide mission- and we know that ain't gonna happen!

• zamora251978
    zamora251978

don't think so.......

lu

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    The WT leaders just slowly boil the JW's in a pot, they never ask them to do anything drastic.

Drastic? If you can sit in a hospital and watch your little baby die (no blood) because the man from OZ Brooklyn told you this is what God wants, and then they tell you to fly a plane into a building, or blow up a Catholic church because Jehovah said so....you will do it.

• JAVA
    JAVA

I agree with Tatiana, countless lives have already been taken because of the Tower's stand on blood. That only shows some are willing to go all the way if the Tower tells them die or kill.

I also believe you'll find some followers willing to kill in nearly every religion, but not all religions are cults asking such things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit