The WTS leaves me no choice but to ''fade''!

by RULES & REGULATIONS 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Notice what it says in the Watchtower magazines from the 1980's about people who either reject or leave the faith of Jehovah's Witnesses. If you get disfellowshiped,disasociate yourself,or reject the teachings of the organizationan ....... you will be treated the same. They really give you no other ways of leaving the organization.

Because of many family members still in ''the truth''(YEAH RIGHT!) the WTS give me no other choice but to ''fade''.

Persons who make themselves 'not of our sort' by deliberately rejecting the faith and beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses should appropriately be viewed and treated as are those who have been disfellowshiped for wrongdoing. --The Watchtower, September 15, 1981, page 23.

...occasionally a Witness on his own initiative will decide to leave the [Watchtower organization]. ... They then will adhere to the inspired injunction 'not to receive such a one into their homes or say a greeting to him so as not to become sharers in his wicked works.' --The Watchtower, July 1, 1984, page 31.

• flipper
    flipper

If you want to stay in touch with your believing family - they give you no other choice but to fade

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

The door was closed in 1935!

Well GB I don't believe that

APOSTATE!

The door was not closed in 1935!

Well GB I don't believe that

APOSTATE!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

All choices have their problems and their good points.
    Generally, if you are up to it, fading seems like the way to go for those with
    family in.

I hope my mother lives to a ripe old age, but I doubt I will keep up the fade
    after she passes away. The wife knows my feelings and they don't allow
    her to shun me, anyway.

Strength to you on your step.

• solrac
    solrac

You have the freedom to choose whatever you want to do, if it is more convenient to you, and to you only, to 'fade' or dissapear and play the 'inactive' part, so be it. The rules of the witnesses have no hold on the free, just as you wouldn't care what rules the budhist or the jews or the christians have, if you are not one of them... as you decide not to follow the witnesses, their 'rules' no longer apply to you.

Enjoy life.

• moshe
    moshe
    Because of many family members still in ''the truth''(YEAH RIGHT!) the WTS give me no other choice but to ''fade''.

The downside of fading is that you fail to take responsibility for following the WT religion and being a part in it's indoctrination schemes and sharing in the bloodguilt the WT org has over the deaths of JW's and their children from the false medical/blood rules. By publicly quitting you send a message that the WT is wrong and your conscience will not allow you to participate any longer in it's crimes against familes and children. Maybe by quitting you will give some family member the courage to act upon his doubts, too. The noble person has honor- the wimp gets nothing but scorn in the end.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

My advice, not that its worth much, but if possible, MOVE far away, where you can live your life free without having to fade and still maintain some relationship with family. Not possible in all situations understandably, but if it is possible, it sure beats living life looking over your shoulder and worrying exactly when you will be forced to be shunned for whatever reason they choose. You can fade for years and if you remain in contact with your family, in the same locale, same congregation busybodies around, it can still come back to bite you in the butt, years later.

Moving to a new place, where no witnesses knew me was the best decision I ever made, I could christmas shop without fearing someone seeing me, had I faded and remained in the same area, no way in hell that would be possible, they would have D'fd me for sure. But now I still can visit with family and have my life as well. Best possible scenario to a crappy situation of which you have little control, IMO.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Holy cripes, I thought it was too. Great and feeble minds think alike, which are we??

it's a sign..

it means we belong together

resistance is futile

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

it's a sign..

it means we belong together

resistance is futile

ROFL, that was another thread dude! PMSL

Hmm, so how much scotch is too much scotch? hehe

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    that was another thread dude! PMSL

yes but they just locked it as i posted..

pmsl????

tijkmo of the never drinks too much anything so cannot use it as an excuse class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit