Wife has gone back to the Organization...what can I expect??

by Shadow1 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Phil
  • M.J.
    M.J.

"Expect her to try radical tactics to get you to agree to a study. Don't do it."

Why not?
    Provided you don't fall for it, (i.e., you are armed with information which is readily available if you look or ask for it here) it could be good insight into what she's getting back into.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Welcome shadow1.

Most of us read your first post and put our heads in our hands! LOL.

But it may not necessarily be a big problem. Some good may come out of it.

Firstly, can you give us some background about the two of you, her JW experience etc. and what your fears or otherwise are.

Then we may be better placed to offer subjective advice.

Cheers,

Peter

• M.J.
    M.J.

Your situation sounds a bit like jgnat's. I wonder if she'll visit this thread...

• Shadow1
    Shadow1

Thank you ALL for the warm welcome!...I had told my wife from the very beginning, that I had no intentions whatsoever, of joining her Org. So far, she and her family have been, I think, quite respectful, of my Non- beliefs. I am trying very hard to be respectful to her beliefs, but I do feel she, in a way, lied to me before we married, about her belief system. I'm not sure how far I will go with this before it becomes a "deal breaker" for me.

Thanks again All.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Ask her if she think of you as a" worldly person". Then...

Ask her if she thinks you are a "fornicator". If she does a song and dance, or says yes, I believe it's time to pack your bags. Just do not ever get baptized. If you do and they df you-she is instructed to stop talking to you.

Just to let you know, Jehovah is a head of a giant real estate corp that gets you to recruit and donate to the org.

It has little to do with the salvation through Jesus Christ-it's false worship at its worst.

Hope there is some love left after it's donated to the cult. Just be careful.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

You can expect to die at armeggedon and she will live in the new world without you.

I also have a bridge down here in Florida, I'd like to sell you.

• lavendar
    lavendar

Hi Shadow1,

I'm sure after a while, they will put pressure on her to get you to join. Hold you ground.....don't do it. That would be the worst decision you could make....to join this cult.

You need to educate yourself. Wilbur Lingle has written many GREAT books on the Jehovah's Witness organization. He provides MANY thought-provoking questions that can be posed to Witnesses. Questions that help them see that most of the WTS's teachings don't make sense. The questions help the Witnesses to THINK FOR THEMSELVES instead of just swallowing whatever the WTS feeds them.

All the best to you!

Lavendar

• M.J.
    M.J.

Alternately you might try clicking on that "Looking for a Beautiful Asian Bride?" ad below...

sorry, bad joke.
    Welcome to the forum.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Joking or not, don't listen to posters suggesting you leave your wife.
    We don't know you and have no right to suggest such a thing.

Not knowing the specifics, it is possible that your wife did not lie to you.
    She may have spoken as herself when she said things, and now she is
    speaking as a mind-controlled cult member. (By the way, JW's would
    hate even being accused of being in a cult, so best not to start slinging
    that around.) Even if she contradicts herself on previous statements, that
    is what being a JW does to you.

JW's also allow their minds to accept that misleading someone for their
    purposes is not wrong. They only say that misleading is lying in that they
    mean misleading that doesn't aid their cause.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit