Wife has gone back to the Organization...what can I expect??

by Shadow1 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Shadow1
    Shadow1

My wife and I have been married for just over one year. While we were just dating, she had told me that she used to belong to the Jehovah's Witnesses, but no longer had those beliefs. I thought I could handle all of this (I am a non- believer), but she has since got back to the Org (all her family belong as well). So far, things appear not too bad, however she does spend increasing amounts of time away from home, going to meetings and such. We are in our fifties, so there are no small children involved. Are there things I need to be aware of regarding me being a non-believer, and her going back?? Would appreciate any and all comments...thank you all vry much.

Shadow1

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

She will probably start avoiding spending too much time with non-jw family and friends. For certain you can count on her not participating in any holiday activities.

Welcome to the forum!

Jackie

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Also, it's possible that she will start to try to convince you to study. I would avoid that like the plague ;)

Jackie

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My mother went back after she was disfellowshipped (kicked out and shunned) and
    then married a man- they call them unbelieving mates or UBM's for short. She wonders
    why they are not invited to some functions. It is because her husband isn't one of them.
    They look down on him.

They try to make the believer feel bad about havingan UBM. The believer is supposed to
    encourage him to have a study or go to the hall.
    The believer is made to feel guilty that the UBM will be destroyed at Armageddon which
    is going to happen at any moment soon (but it really keeps getting delayed).

Expect her to try radical tactics to get you to agree to a study. Don't do it.
    Expect her to try to get you to the Hall. Don't go. If you have gone, stop going.
    You will have to expect her to give up any "worldly" invitations from your family or
    coworkers. She won't want to get involved in any interfaith, false religion (which is what
    she thinks every holiday is about), or too much association with "worldly" people.

In some cases the believer will feel uncomfortable about certain sex practices, R-rated movies,
    weekend events that make her miss meetings and field service.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Welcome to the board...

She will probably be spending more time away from you; going to meetings, field service, assemblies, and so forth...You can also expect for her & her family to try to encourage you to come to a few meetings with her at first, then comes the bible study, and then trying to get you baptized. You may find her disagreeing with you on issues, and always taken the side of the society. I hope this doesn't effect your relationship/marriage. Good luck!!!

babygirl...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You can educate yourself about Jehovah's Witnesses. Just be careful as she will view
    you as "influenced by Satan's world" if you come out too strongly.
    At freeminds.org and at freedomofmind.com, you can find some books and links to get
    you on your way. I usually recommend Steve Hassan's books, COMBATTING CULT
    MIND CONTROL and RELEASING THE BONDS to help a JW to think for herself.

Welcome to the forum. You can also keep asking questions and read threads here.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The wt org, w it's meetings, it's god jehovah, door to door activity and the elders will come between you and your wife. You will be number 3 or 4 in her life.

S

• Phil
    Phil

THere must be a way out of this delema. There seems to be a lot of people who don't participate in the org without being DF'd. If you want to keep the family together you must find a way, even if you tell a little white one. JWs are experts at breaking up families through mind control.

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Sorry to hear that. Bummer.

• Phil

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit