the unkindest cut of all?

by chickpea 66 Replies latest social family

• babygirl75
    babygirl75
    in it's favor, women tend to prefer it

Most definetely!!! (see Gregor's thread)....

We don't want a hidden surprise underneath all that skin. We rather have something smooth and clean looking at us in the face!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    We don't want a hidden surprise underneath all that skin. We rather have something smooth and clean looking at us in the face!

I rest my case. Men do far stupider and more damaging things to curry favor with the ladies! Not to mention that circumcision greatly reduces the risk of infection for females too.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i can see that many of the rationales offered can be seen to favour adult circ.... but not infant circ....

i told my sons if they were mocked at school they could offer this>>> well, maybe i will have mine chopped off too, if i choose to..... but you aint never growing yours back and you had no choice in that decision.....( harsh, i know, but sometimes ya gotta make an impression in order for insights to occur)

the point about a prophylactic measure to reduce already rare occurrences of penile cancer.... there is no statistical evidence that the rate of this cancer is less in countries that havve high rates of circs than those that have low rates of circ .... there are more deaths from circs than from penile cancer... the amer. cancer society does not promote circ as a preventative measure but warns against tobacco, HPV and multiple partners ( think dozens) as contributory.... http://www.cirp.org/library/disease/cancer/

same for cervical cancer.... ACS does not support the notion that intact partners are causative.......sexual activity at an early age, multiple partners, tobacco, HPV all are listed as etilological sources..... not smegma http://www.cirp.org/library/disease/cancer/

i will PRAY to whatever powers might be that my sons' intact penises will make them unfit for war!!!! seriously, it was the lack of hygenic conditions, not the foreskins themselves, that led to the infections described in the war stories.... balanitis is not a condition limited to an intact penis... happens to the circ'd as well http://www.cirp.org/library/disease/balanitis/

as far it goes, any male who chooses as an adult to remove his foreskin, or tattoo or pierce or modify his genitals in any manner, hey.... knock yourself out soldier!! i have no concerns about YOUR choices

my concern continues to be the babies...

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Interesting about the theories of what happens to the individual being based on what third parties want which supports my notion about mens rights being disposable rights!

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

*** w75 3/1 p. 135 Is the Bible Simply a Product of Human Wisdom? ***

It is now known that there are sound physical reasons making the eighth day ideal. Not until the fifth to the seventh day after birth is a normal amount of the blood-clotting element known as “vitamin K” in the baby’s system. Another essential clotting element, prothrombin, seems to be higher on the eighth day than at any other time during a child’s life. Based on this evidence, college physician S. I. McMillen concludes: “The perfect day to perform a circumcision is the eighth day.”—None of These Diseases, pp. 22, 23.

Good memory, Chickpea.

Len

• White Dove
    White Dove

I would never subject my newborn baby to such horrible pain, whether he would remember it or not. What kind of parent would want to do that? The Israelites were commanded by "god" to do it. What is the real excuse? I say don't mess with nature. If you are born with it, it was meant to be there. It is not a birth defect that needs to be fixed. My son has never had a problem, ever. Why alter little baby boys? Why make a life long decision for another person? Medical science has found that the once thought useless appendix is now actually useful.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I've kept mine over the years and now have converted it into a pup tent, I knew it wouldn't go to waste

• 5go
    5go
    The unkindest cut of all?

You telling me there are some ladies out there because of this. Some TG surgeries on male babies were done because of circumcision mistakes.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

"From its original roots in anti-masturbation hysteria, circumcision continues in English-speaking western countries (the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand) because of mistaken beliefs and unfounded fears about hygiene, disease, appearance and sexuality, and denial of the pain of infant circumcision."

See http://www.cirp.org/library/ethics/milos-macris/ as a starting point.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Hahaha, denial of pain. Geez, if babies felt no pain, they wouldn't cry from a heel stick for vitamin K and they wouldn't scream horribly during the circumcision. If fish didn't feel pain, they wouldn't flop around on the line trying to get away from the source of the pain. Yeah, that is a myth. I hope people don't still believe it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit