Busted

by jefferywhat 15 Replies latest jw friends

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

My incredibly sweet and intelligent girlfriend busted me on this site.

I have talked to her about most of my issues with the WBTS and told her about the site, but due to the very strong similarity between my conversations and my posts, she has cracked open the case like the little detective she is.

I started telling her about a post I had put up tpday and how after quite a few months I have decided that religion is a piece of art and you cant argue over it, anyway half way through telling her she actually stopped me and said she had already read it along with all of my other posts.

And as a result I had a very entertaining bookstudy.

Firstly, in a post ages ago, the thread asked for "JW buzz words you hope you will never hear again, I wrote: WE COME TOGETHER AS A GROUP OF YOUR PEOPLE..........(PRAYER)

In the opening prayer....yep you guessed it, the Bro said that word for word!!! She gripped my hand tighter and started laughing.....I realized straight away she had seen that post.

Then I was asked to read and she wrote on a piece of paper .......I dont mind as long as you dont role your eyes.....at the "R&F" and we were trying not to laugh through the first paragraph.

That is such a JWD term!!!

Anyway, all is good, she has seen me go through all sorts of thoughts and I have driven her mad with ideas and scandals and she takes it all very well.

Im at a point now where I feel this site has given me a map but not and answers, I have looked at things from both points of view and will continue to do so however my time here is done.

My post from earlier today summed it up, we have no proof that God exists, whether or not blood is allowable or not, whether the bible is accurate or even real, whether 1914 is accurate or anything, its all faith based.

There are some sweet people here, some very clever people and some funny buggers that like to cause trouble and I wish you all the best.

See you all in the new system!!!! ;-)

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

She sounds like a keeper.

Best of success to you both as you navigate through life.

• DJK
    DJK
    There are some sweet people here, some very clever people and some funny buggers that like to cause trouble and I wish you all the best.

Not sure where you put me.

The best to you as well.

DJK

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

You say the word busted. It's not busted, it's busted out of prison. Big difference. One is guilt, the other is relief!

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

You can always come back and sit a spell.

I agree with nvr, this one is a keeper.

Good luck on your journey.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I'll never forget when mem found JWD and realized who I was on here. It was just after I became a Jedi and that night he said "goodnight my Jedi princess" LOL

Why leave, introduce her to JWD!

BB

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Im at a point now where I feel this site has given me a map but not and answers, I have looked at things from both points of view and will continue to do so however my time here is done.

Jeffery -- This was a really good post. I'm glad this place doesn't give answers, I already was in the world of religion which posed as "answer givers" but failed me and billions of others. The map is to use your common sense and believe nothing on blind faith.

I'm sad to see you go, and have enjoyed your participation here. Like was said, maybe someday both of you will be on board. But if not, all the best as you go forward with open eyes.

• mouthy
    mouthy

we have no proof that GoD exists

Hope your life will be a great journey .But open your eyes a bit more.Your girlfriend evidently does. & Ears I guess. LOOK AROUND YOU SWEETIE, The Stars, The MOON, The Sun, ETC:etc"When you can tell me they went "POOF" & here it was !!!!!I will think YOU need a straight Jacket./

Good luck

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If you are looking for answers to the big questions of mans existence, there are none. You will be looking for all eternity just as mankind have.

If you want answers to the little questions, flee the wactower, it is an evil cult.

Also you are in a funky situation being trapped and trapping a member of the opposite sex so you can be indoctrinated brainwashed by a pulp fiction publishing house/ cult. Your pathetic and if shes a good JW your not even getting any for your troulbes.

A steady piece of axx for your integrity? And you havent even got to the steady piece of axx part yet.

She must be hot stuff with a bimbos brain.

I'm just trying to help. Been there done that.

• mind my own
    mind my own

Best of luck to you, I hope you hang on to your girlfriend, she sounds smart, understanding and not judgemental. Sounds like she would enjoy this site as well.

I hope you will be back, the funny thing about doubt is you usually cannot let it go, it lingers whether or not you want it to!

Take care,

MMO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit