OK you scuz buckets... I'm mad now!

by dawg 31 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

Let's not forget Luke 12:32 which speaks of the "little flock'' being given the Kingdom. It was explained in the Truth book that the "little flock" was the 144,000. Since only the "little flock" was to be given the Kingdom, then only those who know they are of this group should partake of the bread and wine.

It sounded so brilliant at the time that I thought it had to be the truth. Then I read the entire 12th chapter of Luke and found out that Jesus was speaking to all of his disciples who were indeed a "little flock" at that time!

Another thing is what the next verse says. Look at Luke 12:32 and 33 from The Message Bible:

Luke 12: 32, 33 Don't be afraid of missing out. You're my dearest friends! The Father wants to give you the very kingdom itself. Be generous. Give to the poor.

Does the WTS put into practice the admonition to be generous, to give to the poor? We all know the answer to that one.

Sylvia

• dawg
    dawg

THanks all...

Goddess, he's coming over to do just that, but all good lawyers know what's going to be said before their opponets say it.

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

Hey Dawg, how's it hangin' in Athens?? Anyway, the thing that always bothered me about the memorial more than anything was that it was supposed to be the only holiday the JWs celebrated. But, nobody celebrated anything. It was just another meeting, except at this meeting you had the added challenge of passing around a plate and a cup that nobody was allowed to eat or drink from and try not to spill the holy juice on your suit. What a sucky religion. No celebration of any kind allowed and why? Oh, wait! Yeah, that's it, if we lead an incredibly boring life, we'll get to live forever and ever and ever in a world where EVERYBODY is a JW and we don't celebrate anything ever again for eternity! Woo Hoo! Count me in! NOT!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am not going to pour through the WT library for this answer, but I do know that the
    organization says that Jesus made a covenant with "anointed" ones in the upper room.

I bet the real reason is so the congregations don't have to buy more wine and bread.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Well dawg I only saw this now.

Remember the thought - 2 flocks - great crowd & little sheep - the little sheep KNOW they are the annointed as gods' spirit is one with their spirit or something like that. the reasoning of the JWs would be ""do you feel like you want live in heaven - is that calling so real that you know...."" only thing is the seats were limited so you were kinda forced not to even bother about it.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I think they love to keep you feeling not worthy and also to 'feel' they know something you don't so that the anointed in their ranks are some kinda special class that adds proof to their channel to God!

Like when they wanna force you to do everything there way or lose out on all family weddings, births etc - in fact be cut out of your own life!

And why do few return to JW? Because a dog would rather return to its own vomit than to its own shit!!

• unique1
    unique1

From the Reasoning Book:

Who

istopartakeofthebreadandthewine?

Who partook when Jesus instituted the Lord’s Evening Meal shortly before he died? Eleven faithful followers to whom Jesus said: "I make a covenant with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom." (Luke 22:29) They were all persons who were being invited to share with Christ in his heavenly Kingdom. (John 14:2, 3) All who partake of the bread and wine today should also be persons whom Christ brings into that ‘covenant for a kingdom.’

How many are there that partake? Jesus said that only a "little flock" would receive the heavenly Kingdom as their reward. (Luke 12:32) The full number would be 144,000. (Rev. 14:1-3) That group began to be selected in 33 C.E. Reasonably, there would be only a small number partaking now.

2004 Watchtower 3/15

Who

AretoPartake?

To identify who properly partake of the Memorial emblems, we need to understand what the new covenant is about and who are party to it. The Bible states: "‘Look! There are days coming,’ is the utterance of Jehovah, ‘and I will conclude with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah a new covenant . . . I will put my law within them, in their heart I shall write it. And I will become their God, and they themselves will become my people. . . . I shall forgive their error, and their sin I shall remember no more.’"—Jeremiah 31:31-34.

The new covenant makes possible a special kind of relationship with Jehovah God. By means of this covenant, a certain group of individuals become his people and he becomes their God. Jehovah’s law is written within them, in their heart, and even those outside the fold of physically circumcised Jews can come into the new covenant relationship with God. (Romans 2:29) The Bible writer Luke speaks of God’s purpose to ‘turn His attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name.’ (Acts 15:14) According to 1 Peter 2:10, they "were once not a people, but are now God’s people." The Scriptures refer to them as "the Israel of God," that is, spiritual Israel. (Galatians 6:16; 2 Corinthians 1:21) The new covenant, then, is a covenant between Jehovah God and spiritual Israel.

On his last night with his disciples, Jesus himself also made a different covenant with them. "I make a covenant with you," he told them, "just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom." (Luke 22:29) This is the Kingdom covenant. The number of imperfect humans taken into the Kingdom covenant is 144,000. After being resurrected to heaven, they will rule with Christ as kings and priests. (Revelation 5:9, 10; 14:1-4) Thus, those in the new covenant with Jehovah God are also in the Kingdom covenant with Jesus Christ. They are the only ones who rightly partake of the emblems of the Lord’s Evening Meal.

How do those entitled to partake of the Memorial emblems know that they are in a unique relationship with God and are joint heirs with Christ? Paul explains: "The [holy] spirit itself bears witness with our spirit [our mental disposition] that we are God’s children. If, then, we are children, we are also heirs: heirs indeed of God, but joint heirs with Christ, provided we suffer together that we may also be glorified together."—Romans 8:16, 17.

By means of his holy spirit, or active force, God anoints the joint heirs of Christ. This makes them certain that they are Kingdom heirs. It creates within anointed Christians a heavenly hope. They view as directed to them all that the Bible says about heavenly life. Moreover, they are willing to sacrifice all earthly ties, including life on earth and all human relationships. Although spirit-anointed Christians realize that life in the earthly Paradise would be wonderful, this is not their hope. (Luke 23:43) Not because of false religious views but as a result of the action of God’s spirit, they have an unchangeable heavenly hope and therefore rightly partake of the Memorial emblems.

Suppose a person is not absolutely sure that he is in the new covenant and the Kingdom covenant. What if he also lacks the witness of God’s spirit that he is a joint heir with Christ? Then it would be wrong for him to partake of the Memorial emblems. Indeed, God would be displeased if a person knowingly represented himself as one called to be a heavenly king and priest when he did not really have such a calling.—Romans 9:16; Revelation 22:5.

I know it is no 3Bullsh*t but hopefully it will be what you need.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Dawg, I also love your fire!

I think it has something to do with their belief that the anointed are to RULE with Christ in heaven and what is the point of ruling if there are no subjects? So the great crowd are supposedly going to be the subjects that the anointed are to rule over. It all has to tie up nicely with Adam and Eve, who, had they not sinned, were to live forever on a paradise earth; hence, you have to have 2 groups, come hell or high water.

Like Journey-On said, they HAVE TO make this FIT with the Old Testament, er, the Hebrew Scriptures, but it takes the pretzel method (great analogy!) to do so...

just my 2c

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I say that, if they don't want you to partake, then you don't show up at all. Then the Kingdumb Hells will be totally empty (or full of air) on the Crapmorial. And, if you so dare, go out and buy a Ouija board on the day of.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Hi Dawg

I am like Dinah, I was raised in the "lie" what a waste and cruel in my opinion. I was 3 when my parents got the truth. I was an only child of very zealous parents, they talked, ate and slept the scriptures. I just believed them because they said so. When I got older my Dad was quite mean about making me study the bible and used to throw things at me, pull my hair and shout at me if I didn't understand something. So I hated studying more. It was easier just to go along with it. I did wonder about this 144,000 thing, I never saw much proof of it but I didn't make a huge effort to find out. I didn't really care, I wasn't going to heaven and My Mom kept telling me about how nice it will be in the New System, I could have lots of animals and not be afraid. (I love pets). Not often but once in a while since I have been out of the religion and time is passing on, I have thought, what is the Watchtower saying about the Scripture that says 'This Generation will not pass away before the end comes'. I haven't opened or read a bible iin 20 years so not sure I have the exact quote.

I mean if they were chosen in 1914, they must have been adults then. So now they would be over 100 years old. Isn't that more than a generation in this day and age???

I am not much of a scholar so maybe I have misunderstood this. Interested to know what you have to say about this folks

Velvetann in Ontario

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit