Were YOU Personally Disappointed That The End Didn't Come Yet?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

When I realized I didnt pursue an education and waisted my life til I escaped at 31, Yes I was disappointed.

It was nice having everything figured out.

Now I dont know whats going on anymore.

• mind my own
    mind my own

No, I didn't want the end to come. I was scared to death about armageddon and I wanted to grow up and live life to the fullest in "this world" and then I figured I would be ready for the "new system". I remember feeling really guilty about feeling this way, but I really didn't want the end to come!

MMO

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I guess I'm kinda in the same league with Maddie and Jaguarbass. I felt bad that billions would die without fair warning, but I didn't want to see my family grow old, get sick, and die in this system. The answers worked well enough to keep me in and working hard trying to please Jah.

For years I was disappointed that the end hadn't come as the bOrg had promised. Now, I'm not disappointed that the end didn't come, I'm disappointed, disillusioned, and angry that I wasted so much of my life following false prophets.

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

Nope. I was never ready "yet".

• minimus
    minimus

Many Witnesses with good intentions could never figure out how a loving God could simply obliterate babies, the elderly, the handicapped and impaired simply because they weren't home on the day a Witness knocked on their door.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Good point Min. this was one of my confusing debates that I was struggling with

The witnesses are one of the most apathetic and self absorbed group of assholes around ........ummmmm just like Jehovah

• Witchettygrub
    Witchettygrub

For years I felt duped. We all were duped.

Now I'm ready for aging and dying just like every other person and aiming to make the most of the time left.

Guess 'Christendom' has the last laugh at Jw's for their expectations.

Witchettygrub

• Ancient One
    Ancient One

Not really, I never got baptized because of possible end but because I thought I was becoming a part of something far greater, as it turned out I expected too much in that regard.

As far as the end is concerned, the way the world is going at the moment I think we won't need divine intervention of any sort to make ourselves redundant on this planet, we will do it to ourselves, no need for god.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Extremely. I even had to buy a new watch. Lets get it over with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit