Were YOU Personally Disappointed That The End Didn't Come Yet?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

No, not really.

Since I was never certain whether I (or my family members) would live or die, as based on JW standards, I wasn't in a hurry for it to come.

CG

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I was expecting it to come in 1975 as so did many others, I spent that entire year bent over kissing my ass good-bye all for nothing, man was I ever annoyed

• thom
    thom

For a long time as a JW I expected god to kill most of the people on earth. I never really saw how that was right, but tried to tune it out. So, no, I didn't want to see the end come.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Were YOU Personally Disappointed That The End Didn't Come Yet?

Nope!

I was pissed that I had been tricked and lied to. It was easy to accept that I was stupid, but it was hard to accept that my parents were idiots.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

Absolutely not. I didn't agree with 'Jehovah's' rules and morality, so I thought I was going to die a horrible death along with 6 billion others.

• myababes
    myababes

No Way. When I was a JW I was never a great believer even tho I was in it for 38 years and always worried that if it was real that I cerainly wouldnt be saved as i certainly wasn't a "good" JW. Now I live life to the full and don't give it a second thought. Can't imagine it ever is going to come and certanly don't want it to. But isn't that what all us bad apostates are supposed to believe anyway?

• minimus
    minimus

Since the Bible said, "No man knows the day and hour", I thought it was stupid to speculate.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Its still coming though right, I built a shack around the back of my house to store bones that I'm going have to collect

That cost me $100.00 in lumber I'll have you know, is God still in the bathroom cause I'm getting a little inpatient

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

When I was a child I was so terrified of the prospect of that happening that I literally lost sleep over it. I was not only scared that I wasn't good enough but was scared of the whole immensity of the thing. The descriptions used to describe it made me nervous at meetings and added to the feelings that I wasnt' good enough for Jah. compared to the drones sitting around me with their expressionless faces or the more animated ones who smiled and shook their head in agreement. I use to daydream about the prospect of the whole thing being false and hoping against hope that it was.

• Xena
    Xena

A world of JW's, I mean really when you think about it it's very hellish!

Plus I figured I would never make it thru the Great Trib, and if you die there you're dead everywhere!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit