Were YOU Personally Disappointed That The End Didn't Come Yet?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
  • stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

no for selfish reasons -when I believed the end was coming (I dont anymore anyway) I wanted my parents and others to come into the truth - so I didnt want armageddon to come. Also I had and still have goals in life - I want to see stuff in this system- I have never seen the pyramids for example and I thought with them being Pagan Jah would destroy them. So I was not personally disappointed

• PEC
    PEC

No, I would be dead and I am not ready to die yet.

Philip

• Dogaradodya
    Dogaradodya

No or else we wouldn't have so much fun on this board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX1Y9ID_2QA&feature=related

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

No. I was around in 1975, but wasn't really expecting it then. Just sort of curious about it.

There was always something not quite right about thinking that The End was very close.

It was very obvious to me that we were a long, long way from anything resembling a fulfillment of Mt. 24:14. There were certain territories in say, California, that were being covered every month, while billions of people, by far the majority of Earth's population, had NEVER heard of JWs or talked to one.

On that basis alone I knew the end, if there were really such a thing, was a long, long way off.

S4

• minimus
    minimus

I NEVER thought the end was gonna come.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I was when I was in the organization because life inside there is so unbearable that you want armageddon to come and bring it's murderous relief. Now that I'm getting to breathe in and experience all that life has to offer, I'm glad that it hasn't come.

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

As a JW, YES, I was secretly disappointed that it wasn't here yet. I couldn't say that though, because that would be like conceding that I am lacking faith.

Now, I just wish my family would wake up. Maybe in 2014 they will realize they've been had...

• Layla33
    Layla33

No, because honestly the whole thing didn't make sense to me. I would ask questions like, say there is a ball of lightening that hits a building and there are JWs in there and non-JWs, you are telling me, somehow some will die and some won't?

And then I couldn't understand a God of Love causing so much suffering and destruction to the world and why he allowed it to get that way in the first place. And then I didn't understand the whole living for 1,000 years cleaning up the place and then going through some more tests, and then what was the tests and would JWs being sitting there giving them out? And if so, what about all those JWs that I knew were not good people, that were simply living under a title and still as corrupt as ever.

That's kind of when I realized it was all a big lie, and I haven't thought in those context again.

• Maddie
    Maddie

I had conflicting thoughts because I was terrified of people I knew becoming bird food, but I wanted the "paradise" to arrive to put an end to suffering.

Maddie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit