did you enjoy your first cigarette?

by inkling 33 Replies latest jw friends

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I've never smoked! Just the smell of it makes me sick!!

• prophecor
    prophecor

At 14 years of age, you think your getting away with something. The first real good hit off a cigarette and yeah, I was a little topsy turvy. Then you try for the high again, only to find that you're not succeeding at it. Then, before you know it, they put the handcuffs on you and you can't get out. You don't even recognise that they are handcuffs, at first. Then, one day, you just find yourself living in it, accepting it for what it is not. You're hooked, and you don't even realise it.

Cigarettes were a way of mentally trying to squash negative thoughts and emotions, for me. Negative thought? Strike up a Newport. I'll have only enough room to to concentrate on inhaling this cigarette. All other thoughts can just wait until I'm finished smoking. There was also the societal smoke. You light up, I light up one, as well. We could both enjoy a smoke, while we witled away a stolen moment on the job.

• Sassy
    Sassy

never have picked up that vice.. do not plan to either..

keep trying to get my son to quit

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I found smoking kinda pointless until I inhaled. When you're not addicted to cigarettes, inhaling the smoke makes you feel light-headed and mellow, and that's what I loved about cigarettes. Unfortunately, it goes away when you continue smoking and you just end up with a stupid addiction.

I would love something that duplicates that feeling, but doesn't get you addicted.

• freedomfighter
    freedomfighter

Absolutely!

Cigarettes were my ticket out of the "Truth". If it wasn't for them, i would still be a mindless servant of the WTS. It got me to where i am now.

I smoke about 5 a day only,but enjoy every one of 'em!

I may die from them or i may not. It's how you live, not how you die that counts.

FF

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yes loved it! Now smoke occassionally. VS ultra lights menthol, Capri menthol, Basic ultra lights menthol (with Cathrine Hepburn style holder).

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

sorry...rabid non- smoker here. Nuttin worse than being locked in a truck with a smoker all day.

~Hill (high on life class)

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

My first made me sick, then I tried it again and it was ok. Smoked off and on for about 10 years and then quit cold turkey 4 years ago.

I smoke Virgina Slims Lights and I've been smoking for almost 9 years now.I plan on quitting before I hit 10 years

That was my brand!

nj

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Immensely , always did, quit do to consternation of children over my smoking, havent smoked in 19 years now, would love to have a good pipe or cigar but am putting it off for a special occasion, just haven't decided which occasion that will be.

• feenx
    feenx

I don't think I really had any like or dislike for my first smoke. I was 18 and pretty drunk and I think I was more concerned about doing it "right" than anything else. I still smoke, but usually only when I'm drinking or sometimes with friends at work here and there. And over the several years I've consistently smoked (as in haven't gone more than a week or so without one) I have yet to feel that nicotine itch. For me it seems to be more of a social choice. Case in point. I've been sick now for four f*cking weeks. A buddy and I were talking on Friday about how when he's sick he still can't completely stop from smoking, he gets all pissy. I told him that I hadn't even thought about a smoke, wasn't a big deal for me to not smoke.

I think it really just depends on the person. But I hafta say, when I have a few beers in me and I have a cigarette....it's damn good. That's how I started smoking, was with drinking, and that's why I still smoke. If I never drank I doubt I'd smoke at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit