did you enjoy your first cigarette?

by inkling 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogaradodya
    Dogaradodya

Sure, it gave me a new image. Smoking calms down my usually hyperactive mind. Never imagined how life could be without cigarettes. Have you seen the movie "Amadeus"? I'm just like the guy -- "Guy Smiley."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A0a7QCLTcE&feature=related

• magoo
    magoo

.......15 years old when i smoked 1st cigarette...thought it was cool....this past july,2007 was in chicago for my job, smoking 2 packs a day. i got what i thought was a chest cold, kept getting worse, finally went to doctor who admitted me to the hospitol with double pneaumonia. spent 10 days in there. i haven't smoked since. quit cold turkey after 40 years of smoking. don't miss it to tell ya the truth....plus saving about $250 a month in cost of smokes.

magoo

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I did not enjoy my very first ciggie.

But the first ciggie after quitting .... Oh my sweet lord, better than chocolate, better than sex extacy in a little package.

- Viv, of the "ciggie free for more than a year class"

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

My first puff from a cigarette was in a back of a school where I lived I was about 11 or 12, I choked and gaged then felt a little nauseous afterward

I eventually took it up in my late teens and progressed into being a heavy smoker in my 20's particularly after leaving the witnesses.

I was one of those folks that felt so repressed from the JW mindset I had to try and experiment with the supposed worldly stuff, because I might be missing out.

After a few years of smoking it was becoming obvious of the health dangers involved with it.

I'm in construction renovation and I happen to be working at are main hospital in the cancer wing and I could not help noticing the many people that were lying in bed

probably with cancer or emphysema and all sorts of tubes attached to their noses and mouths. This was a true awakening for me because at the time I thought smoking wouldn't harm you.

And at that time there was no warnings on the packages .

Something I also came aware of was yes it was addictive, especially when you start rolling your own, which of course deletes the filers and the amount of

nicotine becomes stronger.

So after at least 10 years of smoking and realizing the health dangers and seeing how I was turning myself brown / teeth , hands , home and car

I decided it was time to quit and I can assure you everything you hear about how hard it is for addicted smokers to quit is absolutely true.

So to all the folks that are smokers now or to the ones that just took it up .......Don't do it, save your money save your health and save your dignity, its not worth it at all !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit