did you enjoy your first cigarette?

by inkling 33 Replies latest jw friends

• inkling
    inkling

Not only am I not a smoker, I have never even tried smoking of any kind (besides a weird
    half hearted attempt at smoking blackberry tea from a homemade wooden pipe. nevermind.)

Friends of mine who smoke, besides the complicated layers of guilt, talk about a basic
    pleasure that they get from the habit. I mean obviously it must feel good, or why would
    people keep up such a inconvenient and expensive habit? I know, I know, because they are
    addicted- Sure, eventually a heroin addict may grow to repulsed by the drug while yet
    being enslaved, but the reason people try heroin or crack in the first place is because
    it feels good, right?

So my question is, did anyone here actually enjoy their FIRST CIGARETTE?

[inkling]

• oldflame
    oldflame

I do not remember how my first smoke was because it was over 30 years ago. I really need to quit and quit now before it is too late if it isn't already.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

No, but you don't buy one. You buy a pack. After a few, the "good" starts to kick in. By the end of the pack, you're hooked.

Word to the wise, don't try it. Not at all worth it. Get the same buzz from nicotine gum, if you absolutely must.

Dave of the "2 months cigarette-free, 1 month nicotine replacement therapy free" class

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Smoking is cool! I love it.

And yes my first smoke was good.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

My first cigarette was behind the football field, just after a game when I was in fifth grade (ten years old?), so I doubt I enjoyed it. I really don't remember though. I probably coughed a lot. I do remember it was a menthol....

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

NO -it was fould but carried on and got addicted. Glad I quit 25 years ago

• restrangled
    restrangled

My first cigarettes were on the way to school in 8th grade. My friends parents smoked so they would steal the smokes and we would light up on the way to school. It didn't take long to learn to inhale and get that weird care free high.

This went on for years. I think I started smoking full packs when I was 18....quit when I realized I was pregnant and stayed tobacco free for 5 years. Had a girl move in to help us with the kids and business and I let her smoke in her room.

With in 2 days I was back to my original pack and 1/2 a day.......I was 30 at that point. I am now 48......

Does that tell you something? Don't smoke the first......and if you can quit don't pick it up again.

r.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

No, I threw up.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

does a cigar count?

never tried a cigarette, but recently discovered the joys of the cigar - just smoking it, that is.

I have tried it a few times and don't plan on making a habit out of it, but a few times a year on special occassions will be fun.

It gives you a nice peaceful feeling, tastes good, and blowing the smoke out of your mouth is a delight.

The Oracle

• noni1974
    noni1974

No way.I was 18 and I bought a pack of Winston Ultra lights.I coughed and weazed through it.I was high as a kite when I got done.I smoked them on break at my job and left them in my locker at work.I smoked the whole pack.It took me almost 2 months to do it but I figured I wasn't going to waste money. I wasn't baptized at the time so my little experiment couldn't get me into trouble.I have no idea why I bought them in the first place but I did.I didn't buy another pack after that.I didn't like them.

Then I hit 24 or so and I had just DA ed myself.I was going out with my friend who did smoke to clubs at the time.I would occasionally pick up a cigerette of hers and take a drag.Then that led to smoking whole cigerettes when drinking.Whick led to me buying my own and a habbit I have.I smoke Virgina Slims Lights and I've been smoking for almost 9 years now.I plan on quitting before I hit 10 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit