Who did you/do you want to be when you grew up?

by Crumpet 73 Replies latest jw experiences

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

When I was 9 I wanted to be Daisy Duke from the Dukes of Hazzard, but had to put aside the dream when I realised my legs weren't going to ever get any longer.

When I was 12 I wanted to be Ghandi, but realised wars wouldnt stop because I missed breakfast.

When I was 16 I decided that by leaving the borg and living fast and hard enough being Alice Cooper was achievable.

Now I'm 32 I think I'd quite like to have the sensuous, striking confidence and certainty of Helen Mirren when I grow up.

Who did you want to be and why?

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I wanted to be a cartoonist, graphical designer, computer technician, programmer, comedian, and writer.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Growing up is overrated.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Growing up is overrated.

Why, Nvr, I never realised you had experience of it!

• Xena
    Xena

You are wrong Peter Pan, growing up is the best!

I never wanted to be another person but I hoped to be an attorney when I grew up. Then we became dubs and that wish went out the door!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Growing up is overrated.
    Why, Nvr, I never realised you had experience of it!

Precisely.

But I've heard about it.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

While growing up I was torn between being a millionare or being a mother Theresa like person and working in the third world.

The I became a JW.

Then I became myself again and now I am still hoping to become a millionare (dang where is that winning lotnumber) and am doing minor good deeds like writing for Amnesty.

• Twitch
    Twitch

LOL

When I was a wee lad, I wanted to be a fighter pilot.

When I was a teen, I aspired to being a rock star.

When I was a "young" man, I wanted to be successful at my career.

Now I just want to be a kid again

:)

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

I wanted to be a professional basketball player. My elder Dad will not let me play basketball in High School!

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I wanted to be a mom and wife. I have it all!!!! ( Be careful what you wish for ) I also wanted to be a rock star's girlfriend, or groupie. Now that I know more I wouldn't do that for anything!

momz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit