Ian (Dansk) in hospital with CMV

by Alleymom 107 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

How is Ian today?

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Good Morning Ian and Claire! Hope today progresses well for you!

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Thinking of you both (((((((((((((((((((((((Ian & Claire))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Coffee

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

((((((((Ian)))))))

Hope you're feeling better soon....Thinking of you!

Babygirl....

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

Claire says Ian is doing well and (hopefully) will be discharged from the hospital tomorrow.

• delilah
    delilah

Excellent news.....glad you're well enough to come home Ian. Take good care, and rest up.

• Quandry
    Quandry

this usually expands into a full-blown rendition of the other guy's ailments, procedures, details of all bodily functions etc etc etc. By the time they've finished I think Ian is glad to get away!!!!!!!!!!

Yep-bet that helped you home, Ian!!! Glad to hear you are better!!

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Never underestimate the power of cyberlove!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi ((((((((((EVERYONE)))))))))), I'm home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I left the hospital at 5.00 p.m. today - and got caught in a traffic jam on the M60 as there had been an accident. Fortunately, Claire knows her way around and we made an exit further along. Looking down at the traffic it was bumper to bumper. Poor souls!

I can't begin to thank you all, especially Marjorie for starting the thread. The love displayed here is unbeatable and once again you have me humbled.

It all started last Friday. I was at home and got a 'phone call from the hospital. John, the nurse, said that the levels of cytomegalovirus (CMV) in my blood weren't decreasing fast enough and that I had to be readmitted to the hospital straight away. I was shocked but am now used to having to drop things and just get on with it. I 'phoned Claire at work and she came home and drove me to the hospital.

CMV is an insidious virus that most of us have but are able to deal with when we are healthy. When our immune system has been severely compromised, as mine had been due to the chemotherapy, the CMV is no longer controlled and can break out in one's body and cause havoc. Untreated, 80% of cases result in death, which is why blood tests are essential every week for me at the moment. It was through such a test that the CMV levels were tracked.

I was placed in the admissions ward for a day and a night and then, the following morning, was moved to ward 12. It was lovely and spacious and, as Claire has mentioned, I was able to walk around chatting to various people. I was in this ward up until yesterday, when it was discovered through swabs I had had taken that I now have MRSA. Again, it is not serious in healthy people (around one third of people in the UK have it and are not seriously at risk) but if one has low immunity or an open wound it can be dangerous, so I was transferred into a side ward (not bad as I had my own shower and toilet and a great view ) and have arrived home with various controlling products, i.e. mouthwash, body wash and nostril cream.

In all other respects I am feeling terrific! You would never know I have been ill if you saw me now Oh, and my hair has grown back!!

Well, that's my news. I got near flattened when I came through the door as our three dogs couldn't resist greeting Claire and I.

It's truly great to be home. I saw sights that upset me and, as usual, I felt helpless because I couldn't help the people other than say a few kindly words. To come back home and read your beautiful expressions of love and encouragement was just the tonic I needed. Thank you!!

Love,

Ian

• juni
    juni

Hi Ian!

How wonderful to hear that you are at home and enjoying all of that doggie love too!

Please pass on a hug to Claire from me.

Love to both of you, Juni

• chickpea
    chickpea

excellente!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit