Young People Ask book

by crownboy 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Hey Dude!

I was a regular pioneer sister who was assigned the "Masterbation" talk out of the YPA book.

First of all I was upset at the school overseer for assigning it to a sister!We have to make a two way discussion on this when all a brother had to do is cover the material.
    No real life serinos to invent for him.

Now if that wasn't bad enough the idiot assigned a 12 yr old girl to be my housholder!!!

I had always been a good little submissive sister that kept her place in the cong who always did her assignments and was never a trouble maker.

I went to the school overseer and explained why I felt it was best that a brother give the talk and also pointed out that it was inapropriate to put any young person on stage with a subject like that.

Guess what happened?
    One of my fellow pioneer sisters gave the talk in my place impromtu and used my 12 yr old housholder!!
    I was pissed!
    I guess they showed me.
    I don't understand why they insisted on doing it this way?

Ranchette

• crownboy
    crownboy

Hey Ranchette, how did the talk go?
    Did the 12 year old have to say she masterbated every night or something? Did the pioneer sister tell her it could turn her gay?

• Makena1
    Makena1

Ranchette: I wonder if we were in your congregation? Don't think so, but the story sounded familiar.

My wife, a pioneer at the time, gave the talk - our daughter, around 10 at the time was the householder. Will have to ask her how it went - I think I was out of town on business.

I never developed a good poker face - so giving that talk would have been pure hell for me.. :)

MegaDude - loved your approach to the issue - however, do not think it would have gone over well at our KH - at least among the adults.

Makena
    still a young person at heart...if you get my drift.

• Budda Belly
    Budda Belly

Quote:

"I don't understand why they insisted on doing it this way?"

Perhaps the elder(s) got off watchting two sisters
    discussings the dirty deed.

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Crownboy,
    I forgot to mention that it was the B school I was assigned to.I was so mad I didn't go back there.I listened to the bro.in the front.

I didn't care what school it was in I was not going to do it.
    I would have been happy to do my talk if I could have done it like the bros do.
    I'm not a prude.

Makena,
    I don't think so.
    This was in arkansas.

What a brave wife you have!

I must have been PMSing at the time or something to get so bent outa shape.

Ranchette

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

I was already married when the YPA book came out so I missed out on having my parents study that one with me.(thank the Lord!!)
    They did cover all the others with me more than once each.

We did the same with our kids with the addition of YPA.

That book was depressing and negative to me and I'm an adult!
    I felt sorry for my daughter who was around 12-13 at the time.
    I found myself dreading the family study like I did when I was a kid.

I was ready to celebrate when we got through it but realized from the study that wouldn't be proper.It would involve too much fun!

Ranchette

• M_tastic
    M_tastic

this discussion cracks me the hell up. when that book first came out i was like 11 or 12 and even then i knew it was a load of crap. i remember looking over the chapters and hoping i wouldnt have the masterbation topic... my mother got the part however and practiced the talk with me.....pretty damn uncomfortable. anywya, thanks for the laugh....

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

This was another interesting thread on this subject.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?site=3&id=13938&page=1
    Okay, why didn't it post as a link?
    April

"Love never dies." Voivodul Vlad Draculea (from Bram Stoker's Dracula-1992)

• Ranch
    Ranch

Did you put one ou these * in front of the link?

Here I'll try

* http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?site=3&id=13938&page=1

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I must be from the previous generation. When I was a teenager (when we used to have to walk to the Kingdom Hall and it was up hill both ways) we had the Youth book. It had subjects like "Growing in to Manhood/Womanhood" and the dreaded chapter "Masturbation and Homosexuality". That book was likewise based on a Watchtower series from the early 70s. The stuff was revised for the Young People ask Book but they kept all the goofy stuff on masturbation.

The ministry school covered the Youth book for a while as the talk #5 (later renumbered #4) which was brothers only. My best friend and I dreaded the thought of having any talk based on the early chapters of that book. In the end, this yokel brother got the chapter on Growing in to Womanhood. His talk alternated between the highly embarrassing (for him and us for him) and the hilarious with all of us snickering trying not to laugh out loud. It was grossly unfair of the TMS overseer to have assigned the talk to the poor brother. But I think if I had been assigned it I would have been sick that night.

Arthur S. was the name of the brother. (The Brits will understand this, "The Archers" longrunning radio soap was based on an actual farming community in the territory of my congregation. Arthur was the typical Worcestershire farm hand.) He could hardly read when he first became a JW. He is fondly remembered for his talk on the birth of Jesus. He mentioned the shepherds out in the fields and suggested that they were camped out and warming themselves around their brazier. Unfortunately, he pronounced the word brassiere much to the amusemement of the congregation. Bras and breasts is what I will always remember Arthur for.

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit